Colorado River 7/25

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by Billy Jo, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Went to Blythe to neet with Riverbud55 and Martinman to do a some flathead fishing. Mannage to get some nice fish and the weather was just wrigth for fishing. We had 7 fish total from 21 lbs to 2lbs, 5 fish were released, keep two small fish to eat. Later Billy Jo

2. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Sounds like a nice trip,, Congrats..
    I'm glad to hear there is a flathead bite. Haven't been able to meet with success myself lately, and had thought the fish had gone to Mexico.. except for the small young ones.
    Greg

3. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    It's nice to hear that some guys are catching flatheads. It seems alot of us are off a little this year. Congrats, sounds like you guys had fun.

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hi Bill,
    Nice job guys.
    Let's see some pictures! Was that all in one night?

5. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Bill, did ya take any pictures?

Jaime

6. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Glad you had fun.

7. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Hey Bill and ya didn't even tell em about the one that got away, what was it 50, 60, errr 80 lol , but he rely did lose one at the side of the boat nearly 30lb, think somebody said it was the netter(me):confused2: Good to have ya out there Bill and Ryan, weather couldn't have had been any better for an all niter(couldn't believe us 2 old goats made back to back all niters) really was nice

Guess n bill was waiting for me to get out the pics:big_smile: (just maybe he'll figure it out some day , he he he) a pic of Bill and he's fish:crazy: & the release:crazy: with the fish on his way:wink:

think n bill, ryan and myself are all going to be out there together sometime around the end of Sept. Maybe we can make it a mini gathering if any of ya want to make it always great to you guys around:wink::big_smile:

good fishn to ya all

Attached Files:

8. Vulture

Vulture New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Hot dang! Guys I was out there that weekend. Why didn't any of yous give me a holler? Just kidding I was out ther but couldnt go fishing. It was the wifes birthday so we got all dressed up and went to Sizzlers.
    The weater was very nice but got windy on Sunday. Might head back this weekend.

9. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Dang Greg was even down by you house Fri night got some gill's from your hole you showed me and fished the river at the wing dikes down from the county park launch by the middle bridge

Was thinking of going down there this next weekend myself but looks like I mite be sitting in the jury box fri and monday, as of right now im in for 5 to 7 day trial if Im lucky they mite give me the boot in the morning but right now i have a seat in the box:confused2: but heck them lawyers always got to find something wrong with somebody maybe it will be my long hair:roll_eyes: or mybe Ill tell em I know you :smile2: lol

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Fellows, if you guys keep on getting them out of there like that
    - your going to make me make some more flight reservations & come back down there to join in on some of the fun. (LoL) :0a23:
    :wink:

11. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Dale,

Thanks for posting the extra pics. Ya know, ole Bill looks pretty fancy holding up that fish. I have never seen him look so good!!!:wink:

I am game for going fishing a few more times before the end of the season. Besides, I still have to out fish the two of you...as per our discussion before. I have a long way to go.

Ryan

12. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    That 30 lber didnt happen to have a 10ft lenth of rope tied to his lip did he? long story

13. woodchucker

woodchucker New Member

State:
    La Quinta,Ca
    Souns like a good trip,too bad about the lost fish,but it happens.Its nice to see others praticing a little catch and release on them bruiseres.

14. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    CONGRATS GUYS thats awesome I hope when i go down riverbudd can put me into some fish like that two let me think.......The biggest fish which for cat is medium which is 3 times my PB IM DYING!!!!!!

15. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Micah,

Of course that 30lber had a rope on it...and it was left on so that everyone who catches it later will know that we believe in CPRR (Catch, Photo, Release, and Re-release). :smile2:

Just kidding...according to Bill, it was Dale's fault that the fish got away. However we all know the real story behind why he lost it...he was still half asleep and didn't want to take the blame!

Ryan

16. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    AZflats knows what im talking about. I guess i can confess now, at the gathering i brought in a nice flat, 31 lber, and put the rope on him and was reaching down to tie him up and he ripped the rope right out of my hand. It's tough watching one that big roll over in the current and swim away with a big rope in his mouth. It wouldnt have been so bad if he wasnt tied up cause I was gonna let him go any ways...

17. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I guess he's gota better chance of living with a rope in his mouth than if i ate him

18. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Micah,

One thing is for sure about that flattie...if I hook into a nice fish and pull it in with a rope attached I will know who caught it before!!!

Ryan

19. wildman2121

wildman2121 New Member

State:
    california
    What's fishing like in Blythe in early October?