Colorado River 12/27 thru 12/29

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by Billy Jo, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Hello all. Hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year. I took a trip to the river to meet Riverbud ( Dale Miller) and check the river and camp ground were he would like to have a gathering in April. Dale is one hell of a nice guy,good knowledge of the river and fishing areas.The river was real low with a lot of sandbars, but it is always low this time of year. With the water being low gave me good look at soom areas to fish when water is up and flowing. I have never fished this part of the river in the passed, but looks like a good area to fish. Dale and I put my boat on the water and fished some of his spots. The water temp was a cool 55* and the fishing was slow but dale manage to get one fish a 3 1/2lb channel. The camping area was clean with grass and trees. This could be one of the best gatherings that Califorina and Arizona could have together. I know I will be going back and look foward to fishing with Dale. I plan on going back in February when the water is coming up and do more fishing and learn the river a little better. Once again I would like to thank Dale for his hospitality and making me feel welcome. Hope to see everyone in April.

Billy Jo