Colorado Brings us a New BOC Member. Give Delbert a Shout Out

Discussion in 'LOCAL COLORADO TALK' started by Delbert, May 1, 2006.

1. Delbert

Delbert New Member

State:
    Colorado
    Hello from a new member that hasn't had a catfish pole in one's hands for a couple years now---glad to get back in the grove and find such a good bunch with this forum. A little about the setup I have. It's a medium/heavy-duty 7-1/2' saltwater rod and baitcast reel combo. Spooled with 75lb "spider line" with 2-30lb test 12" steel leaders(to be used together as one). Yes, it may be overboard, if I catch just 5 or 10 pound cats, but it's rigged so if I do catch a 50 lb cat or larger---I can say "it wasn't the one that got away". I will not only fish Colorado, but I also fish in Missouri when I'm there visiting my relatives, and this will be a fishing rig I'll take with me. Going to do some catting this weekend with this combo, and also taking along my other tackle for some bass and "whatever else" fishing down to Lathrop State Park. Hope to bring back some good memories by the time the weekend is over.

2. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Welcome to the BOC, Delbert.

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a25: to the B.O.C. family Delbert - Glad to have you. :0a23:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2:
    (Shaina)

4. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Welcome to the BOC

5. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    welcome to the BOC!

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Welcome to the BOC Delbert, it is always nice to have another new member.

7. ulstan

ulstan New Member

State:
    SC
    I hope you're on the front range, the catfishing on the western slope is bad and getting worse. The CO DOW spends a lot of time and money shocking and killing "non-natives" in the CO River. Last time I checked they were thinning the catfish populations and trying to eliminate the bass. They gave up on plans to kill all the catfish because there are too many.

I guess they figure they should kill all the game fish that are non-native yet spend huge amounts to save a few endangered species. That might explain the recent rise in fishing lic. It's expensive to kill all the good fish.

Try Highline Lake in Fruita for channel catfish fish. Fish from the sandy area near the dam between the swimming area and the where the ranger parks his boat. Throw cut fish, or crawler out about 20 yds.
    For a little fun take some white bread ball it up and fish it on a small hook under a bobber 3-4 feet deep and connect with some of those huge grass carp. Obey the signs and release the carp quickly.

I moved to SC recently but still visit.

8. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Welcome Delbert, we are all family in here so tell us about the cats you catch and where you fish and whatever else you want to share with us, we'll be glad to share with you.

AL

9. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Delbert, Welcome to the BOC the best catfishing site on the net!

10. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    Welcome to the Boc

11. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    fish stories are made about the one that got away, so a few have to get away.:smile2: welcome to the BOC, best site on the web.

12. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Welcome aboard Mate!
    don't be afraid to use bigger fonts. (some of us are hard of seeing).
    thanks
    Larry

13. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    :0a25: To the BOC. Grab a pole and set down and watch the bait it can get stinky at times.:big_smile_2:

14. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC! This is the most awesome site on the web in regards to catfishing and just overall friendship. Prepare to become addicted!