color preference power pro braid?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by nitemare_63, Oct 3, 2009.

1. nitemare_63

nitemare_63 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    is there a color preference on fishing line? what color do you all use? i been using the green but might switch to red so i can see it better. anyone use the red or his vis yellow? does it hold its color good? the green seems to lose its dark green fast then just be light green.

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I fish mostly during night time hours and I have Hi-Vis yellow on all my poles except one, that one is Red. The yellow and red have held their color so far, I spooled em in spring of '08 and haven't changed em yet!

I don't like the green cause it's to hard to see it at night.

3. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    here's another vote for yellow

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I dont fish with braid, but I do prefer yellow line over green and red.

5. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Hi vis yellow for me. The green and red are just too hard for me to see. I'd like to see a two color line; maybe a hi vis yellow and electric green combination.

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have green, yellow and red. Doesnt matter to much to me if I can see it, I night fish and watch the glow sticks. The reason for three different colors is if a fish runs over another line it is easier to untangle. I cant see the lines better to untangle them.

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Both the yellow and red faded pretty quickly for me. They make a white now but I have never seen it in stores. I am going to just stick with the moss green I think.

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I've only used green so far but don't have any complaints. Like others have said i use a glowstik taped to the underside of my rods if i'm nite fishin. I may put the yellow on a old 6500 my bass partner pulled off the bottom at tablerock a few week ago.

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I have the red, yellow, and green. I can see the red better at night. I like 'em ALL, but prefer the red.

BB in SC

10. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    I use the PP Red as my color of choice when Carp Fishing! I also have the Green on a couple of rods that are used from time to time on different waters. I use the Yellow or Green for Saltwater applications and have not had an issue with either of them. On the fadeing issue, they will do this and that is just the nature of the beast as they say. The new White version will most likely just turn to a dingy Brown after using it for a while. This will be more of a water color issue than the line just fadeing. JMHO!!!!!!!!

HOPPY4

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <The reason for three different colors is if a fish runs over another line it is easier to untangle>

I had forgotten about that. YES, it is EASIER to untangle the lines when they are different colors!

Bill in SC

12. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I don't do much night fishing, so I really don't spend much time watching my line. I glance at the rod once in awhile, so I use red because I like the color.

13. MedicMike

MedicMike New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I color code my line according to their rating-red for 20#, green for 30#, etc.

14. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I have green PP because thats all tehy ahd when i got it..if i upgrade my tidewater im getting yellow to match my water eagle

i have spiderwire camo on my other rod and its ok..cant see it at night either though

15. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    I just switch to PP yellow from green. I like to see everything easier. The heavier line is easier to see cause its thicker. I have 80# on my baitcaster and 50# on my spinning. I might add I had to change my spool out due to snags and my line got to short in just two months.:angry: But still good line.

16. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Yellow for me. The color does fade or even wear off eventually. The I used green already and it was hard to see well. I tried red also and thought that was just as hard to see. I did see pakages at Cabela's with white PP line but not the test I wanted. For all I know these could have been old out of production spools. The white was just PP without any dye to color it. So anyway, if my yellow line turns white, then it's even easier to see.

17. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I prefer white period simply because all the other colors fade.White is the easiest to see at night which is when I fish a lot.Most of the other colors fade to some kind of off white anyway.

18. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    High-vis yellow. Can't see anything else at night.

19. lurker

lurker New Member

State:
    PA
    i like the green:big_smile:

20. ilovesharinfoo

ilovesharinfoo New Member

State:
    PA
    I have some red Power Pro on one of my 6501s, in 80# test. When wet, it bleeds quite a bit. At first I thought it was blood from the cut chub I was using. My guides and reel ended up being splattered quite a bit with it. In the end it doesn't really matter I guess. I have used Spiderwire Stealth in green forever and it doesn't seem to fade much if any and it doesn't bleed into the water droplets at all. I haven't tried it in red though, just the Power Pro.