Color or black & white?

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by Ictalurus Punctatus, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    I'm looking at getting a handheld GPS unit. In the midst of weighing options and researching them, I came to the option of color display or the old gray scale. Any input on the color units? Are the colors similar to displays on cell phones and digital cameras? How are the displays when out in the sun light? Thanks in advance for any input.

Jon

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I have the Garmin GPS76c and its easy to see in the bright sun. A buddy of mine has the black and White 76 his is hard to see sometimes. Also if your going to be using the fishing hot maps on it. The color unit is the way to go.
    That is my thoughts on it. But then again theres a lot of people here that don't' think I can think.
    Pete

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Go to the Lowrance website where they have actual emulators of most of their models.You can play with them right on your computer and make up your mind as to what you prefer.Depends on what you want to spend.Remember that TV,fishfinders,and cameras were all once just black and white and everyone managed to get the job done.Color in an enhancer and additional discriminator but if you are looking for a Ford Truck it is very easy to find one regardless of color,same thing with structure or a school of shad.:big_smile: