Color of Jugs?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by shooter06, May 18, 2009.

1. shooter06

shooter06 New Member

State:
    Central Missouri
    In Missouri do jugs have to be white? I was wanting to make some and need to know. I read the regs but didn't see anything about color.

2. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't think you have to worry about the color of your jugs. I am almost positive you can use any color that you want

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Here in Okla. we can use any color. Most of mine are yellow because that is the color of swim noodles wally world had the day I bought mine:smile2: I ordered the parts from Pete and the next ones will be lime green, WW was out of the yellow.:smile2:

4. shooter06

shooter06 New Member

State:
    Central Missouri
    Thanks for the info! The last time I was at wally world all they had was pink. I think I may need to shop around! Whar are these kits your talking about Jim?

5. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    If you re going to make jugs with out anchors that just drift try using 4 or 5 different colors.This helps to point out the ones gettin hit when the action heats up and when multiple jugs have fish on.

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Heres the link to our Kits. http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/jugmake.htm Shoot we buy our swim noodles by the case full. And theres times there's more pink then the other colors. But Duck Tape in what ever color you need, can change the color fast.:wink:
    Pete

7. shooter06

shooter06 New Member

State:
    Central Missouri
    Thanks for the link. I'll have to check it out. Heck, real men aren't intimidated by the color pink. I'd still use em'!!!

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I have tried out just about every color, and the only ones I can REALLY see when on the water is the yellow jugs. Seems like white would show up the best, but by the time you have sunlight reflecting on the waves, the white blends in too well. I have no idea why the greens, blues don't work. Most Oklahoma lakes are a muddy brown color and the red jugs are really hard to see. Course, I didn't try that color on some of the blue water lakes. LOL

9. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    Was at WW and they had some yellow ones in so I'll use the green for something else. I guess I can cut them adout a foot long and use them to mark fish before I set out my jugs.

10. Pendernator

Pendernator New Member

State:
    SE Missouri
    my jugs are blue and green because that was the only pool noodles dollar general had. If you watch at the end of swimming season dollar general sells their pool noodles very cheap.:big_smile:

11. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm kind of fond of the flesh-tones jugs...caramel is nice too. However, for fishing I prefer to use old bleach jugs with a strip of reflective tape for low light conditions.

12. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    This is some good info.

13. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
  14. shooter06

shooter06 New Member

State:
    Central Missouri
    O' Yeah!!!

15. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    Thanks Dan you just got me in trouble:smile2: Was reading the posts and didn't know my wife was reading over my shoulder, and I made a remark to my self about the color of jugs and she heard me:smile2: She told me it would be three or four days before I could look at jugs again. Takes about that long for the swelling to go down in my eyes:smile2::smile2:

16. Propshredder

Propshredder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I like my jugs almost any color as long as they are easy to grasp in and out of the water :crazy:.

17. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    I hear ya but don't discount those slippery jugs...they can work well too.:wink:

18. shooter06

shooter06 New Member

State:
    Central Missouri
    Yeah and I heard the handfull size jugs are good for all species!