color fishfinder

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by primitivefrn, Oct 18, 2005.

1. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Does anyone ,use a color fishfinder? any comments, on how you like it and is it any better than a black and white, any brand comments, Does any one know what brands the saltwater boys run , they usely, only have the best.
    looking to buy.

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Go to the Lowrance website and take your pick.Lots of the saltwater guys around here are running color and all seem to like it.For me it is very good because with my old eyes the contrast is better than the black and white.Can't beat Lowrance IMO

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I think that jim hit it on the head. Lowrance Makes a very high quality unit. I hava an x100c sonar unit and am very happy with it. the color part of it makes it much easier to read then B/W.

4. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    The color screen is unreal,it is so much easyer to see,i have a lowrance 332c and i'm very pleased with it,very good unit.

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Jim, did you buy one yet?
    Give me a call if it ever warms up a little and we will go try our luck again.

6. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Still looking,after buying, some pin point equip. one time Ill take a second opion. Went last mon. to uper end of barry bend, no good on cats. guy hade a new color vexilar, edge 3, wasnt working right, wasnt working at all . not hooked up right or bad unite.Lookin at lowrance pretty strong , wish I knew more about pix and wattage, on the, what more or less does.
    How about, late nov. on a warm day. call me or Ill call you

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Most of the mfg. websites have tutorials and answers to the questions you ask, Jim. I will be happy to gather and post the links if you have trouble finding them. The Lowrance site is excellent, and so is their product. Garmin also does a good job. I haven't used humminbird in a long time; couldn't get their (low-end) units to last.

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I was just looking at there Lowrance LCX110C
    Looks to be a top of the line unit,don't know if your looking to have the gps or not. You may have to re-finance the boat though LOL.
    I will give you a call when it warms up a little.
    TROY

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I fell in love with a Lowrance this weekend. I got to have this thing so I'll start saving now. It is 2400 bucks and probally doesnt include things like the GPS intennae. I've seen tv's with smaller screens. Better have a big dash.

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Mark you must be looking at the 111CD.You get everything for that price!!! If you decide to get one you can get the 110 which doesn't have the built in mapping of the 111CD for 200 less and you can buy the 111cd for less than the asking price of 2400$ if you shop around.I am having to expand my electronics locker in my console an inch so one will fit but I decided that big screen was just what these old eyes needed particularly since I navigate a lot at night.Cabelas and BP have them and I expect the price will go down some around Xmas when Lowrance brings out next years models.

11. C2catfish

C2catfish New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    Man oh man! I love that thing! I've got a LCM-332c now, but i'll bet i'll be placing it on auction soon to get that baby.

I would think my transducer and gps antenna will work with it right?

C2

12. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    It should,I'm going to replace my GPS antennae because it is a pre WAAS one that came with the LCX 15M.Transducer should work no problem and you are right that is a beautiful unit.

13. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
  14. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Spoon ,thats a great price ,thanks for the research.There you go Mark you are 200$ ahead already.

15. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Yea, that 2400 dollar unit I looked at was at Boaters World. That's definately a yuppie captain store with higher prices.
    But I did find a 12 volt coffee maker for a little over 12 dollars that makes 4 cups of coffee. I'm in heaven now.

I saw a few of those small to large coolers that they say keeps ice for 10 days. The company has gone out of business so obviously Boaters World has probally gone up in price on them. I just cant justify 300 bucks for a cooler but they do have one that would double as a seat nicely in front of a center console. It was built higher instead of longer making you sit in a more natural stance instead of all scrunched up if you have long legs.

Mainly I went shopping for ideas that I can incorporate into the building of this boat. Now I have to make sure my center console is going to be wide enough for this sonar. :D I too like to night navigate Jim.
    Went out a few weeks ago at night . Poured down rain all the way to the lake so we fished in a complete overcast situation. I love the dark! I saw only two other boats on Jordan Lake that night and both were at anchor.