Colon cleansing

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dreamcatcher, Apr 20, 2007.

1. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Has anyone here ever had a colon cleanse, either through a colonic, liquid detoxification measure, or some home remedy? Please share your thoughts as I am getting ready to embark on that journey:smile2: I would like to know what some of your experiences were, but try to keep it clean...LOL.

Victor

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

LMAO!!! Not in a million years i'd thought you'd start a thread on this...:lol:

Good to have you back first of all!
    Second,I just had one of those...Kinda rough. I had the good ol' Double Yesterday~ Endoscopy & colonoscopy.I had to do the prep(cleanse) the 18th. I can't say I liked it at all...:crazy:

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Vic eat about 2 pounds of Jalapenos your colon will be cleansed :big_smile: . Ok now that I have that out of my system Ive never done it but I have heard of it.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have had to have 2 colonoscopys and in order to do so you have to have a cleanse. They give you a prescription to take to your pharmacist. He will present you with a gallon jug. If memory serves you stop eating at midnight,and the next day you drink this concoction one cup every 30 minutes. You can order different flavors of it,my experience was cherry flavored. It tasted like warm milk that was just on the verge of going sour. Very unpleasent. Now they will allow you to drink clear liquids and beef broth and ensure. The Beef Broth I found out on my own will also act as a cleanse. I got a weightwatchers drinking mug and filled it full of beef broth innocently thinking that at least I would drink something that was pleasent to taste. In 30 minutes of doing so well never mind. This went on all day then on top of that I was required to drink their concoction. It was a terrible experience. But at least the next day when I went in for the procedure,when I woke up,the doctor had no complaints about me being clean enough. Now the cleansing that is suppose to help you lose weight and supposeedly rid one of parasites I have heard,do not know any facts, but have heard they can be extremely dangerous. Dreamcatcher,I would advise you to please seek out your doctors advise if you are doing this for other reasons besides medical testing. Thank you Sir, for allowing me to answer this question!:big_smile:

5. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Yeah sure, why not? ROTFLOL. I get stopped up too, and have come to find out that my "one a day" is just not getting the job done. For some reason it never dawned on me that you should be more regular than that...

6. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

PK, you don't have to be hesitant with your views. After all, this isn't the religious forum...:smile2: :smile2: :smile2: Sorry you had a terrible experience...I am trying to get rid of the so-called parasites, and the mucuos build-up...

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

LOL!!! I've been having stomach problems just not down that far.They went ahead and did it to check for any problems.No probs so my gall bladder removal is set for Monday AM.

PS~ Take a good book or several magazines in the bathroom with you...you'll need them! LMAO!!!

8. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Hmmm...funny you say that. My bathroom is a library full of reading material already.:embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: Part of the problem is I'm doing too much reading.:lol: :lol: :lol:

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    This is quite the moveing thread. Colonoscopy prep is all I have experienced and it wasn't fun. LOL!

10. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Victor, You are full of What???
    Only once have I had it done and a word of advice. Check to see what size their hands are.
    Bill

11. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Everybody is different! I have read in Medical Manuels that many doctors will say,that not everyone is a one a day. Some folks are 3 times a day others are 3 times a week. If you are having health problems this is a different story.Also I must caution you that alternating between being plugged and then being loose is a sign of a health problem,if you see blood,you must see doctor as soon as possible. I have a very dear friend who is a retired x-ray tech. She is 81Y/o but still sharp as a tack and does quite well for her age. Anyway ,one day her husband was having problems urinating. He always referred to her as "Mama" He says "Mama can you come into the restroom please?" She did so. It was very bloody. Not to scare you but,she immediately knew there was a problem and took him to ER. They just happened to run into their personal Doctor. He took one look and told my dear friend,that her husband had Bladder Cancer,from all the smoking he had done over the years. He lasted one year. So I say again Dreamcatcher,because I care about you.PLEASE seek the advise of your personal doctor about this. You guys laugh,and tell jokes about this,but I have worked the medical field,and alot of this stuff is nothing to laugh at. Your health is your most valuable possession,if you lose it,it's a sad time in life. I know,you probably think I'm female,I get too serious. You are correct in that I do. Life is precious,and I have first hand experience in what happens when you can no longer do what you use to be able to do. It can be and is very depressing! Dreamcatcher take care of yourself and go see your Doctor please!!Also if the Doctor says you're ok, trying eating lots of fresh fruits and vegtables. Eat high fiber foods and get some flax seed. I use flax everyday,now yes it does cause some gas but it will lower your blood pressure and bring down high Cholesterol. The doctor told us,that while having gas is sometimes embarrassing it in reality means your gut is healthy. So that is more important is it not?:0a26: Sister Pat

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
  13. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    PLEASE tell me this isn't about that infomercial with that CREEP plugging (what pun? me?) the benefits of colon cleansing.

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Please read what he has posted, I did and to me, I find it rather alarming. It's not something i would personally do unless the doctor said it needed doing!:smile2:

15. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

I know we are making light of the situation because of the subject matter, but trust me, I do take my health very seriously. This is why I'm strongly considering going through this process. Yes, I will discuss this with a doctor prior to actually going through with it. Let me give you a link to check out and give me your thoughts...http://www.drnatura.com/

This is one of the leading liquid detox programs on the market. Has anyone ever used anything similar to this?

16. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They just want your money Vic.:smile2:

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

That is a very good article and also be sure to drink LOTS of water after you do this.When I went in yesterday for the procedures they had a harder time starting an IV than usual because I was starting to dehydrate.
    Since yesterday afternoon I've drank about 8-10 bottles of water and a few Mt Dews. I'm still drinking and thirsty!

18. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    If you can stand it, try this one. Google for the lemon juice/maple syrup/cayenne pepper cleanse. No, I'm not making it up. Yes, it isn't the best tasting stuff, but not awful. Yes it works, I've done it. 'Nuff said.

19. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Jack,

Thanks for posting the article...

20. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Natural Doctor. They don't go through the same education process as an M.D. Or a D.O.

They say to ask a Pathologist(one who performs autopsies) if what she said you did not believe. Trust me when I say, Someway some how I would find a way to ask a Pathologist about plugged Colons. Man I'd research the dickens out of it,and until I got answers I would not do it period. Tell you what, I simply went to my doctor and told her I had never had it done and i want to know and still do if there is something in there that does not belong. So I went through the prep(it was awful,made me so sick and made me dizzy,I had it coming from both ends. I sure enough was clean after going through that ordeal. But I find very strange is,here I have a licenced Gastroenterologist who performs these procedures every day,and yet when you wake up,you are not told to cleanse yourself on a regular basis. He always told me just eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegtables. Then I read in a book to add to your diet flaxseed,so I am doing that. Vic get some Flax,you won't be stopped up. Eat a bowl of Breakfast food,ie,oatmeal or branflakes and mix the flax in with it it. There is no taste. I promise unless you have an obstruction(I hope and pray not) you will go everyday mabe more than once! These are my thoughts. I agree with Jack,they just want your money and myway won't cost ya a thing except going to a grocery store or Health Food Store and buying the flax. If ya can't find Pm me with your address I will purchase a couple of bags and send to you! I care!!:smile2: