colo. river

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by lilmonster23, Aug 15, 2009.

1. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    has anybody been havin luck on the river? might be going on a 3 day trip starting at picacho park then going down to martinez then imperial dam. does that sound like a good trip or should i change it up? is bait easy to catch or bring some?

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    bait seems easy to catch. spawn is going on right now for the gills and redears. sounds like a fun time ralph.
    i won't pull my boat up to picacho though. darn road is nothing but solid ruts.
    gary

3. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    I agree. I wouldn't drive that road to Picacho for anything. I would put in somewhere around martinez lake and go from there. Gills are good for flats but channels are hitting now too. Took a buddy out on Tues and he got a couple nice eaters, a 4 and a 3 pounder. Tight lines.

:cool2:

4. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    gary were gonna have to meet if i go, still kind of ify about it. i told you id bring dogs to you. still havent forgot. thanks for that info. i think dave wants to put in somewhere north of picacho or imperial dam and go up. nothing is final rite now.

5. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    wherever you put in i wish you the best. i went out last night for awhile with the two grandsons. had a few good runs, but seemed like all we caught was salad on the lines. lots of craps floating in the water right now.
    only place i know about picacho to launch is walters camp. lots of sand bars to would make interesting trip. but bet the fish would be biting good.
    gary

6. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    thanks gary again. but im not going to be able to make this trip. but once i get some issues dealt with im heading down to martinez and imperial dam to fish for a couple days.which sucks cause i have to stop all my fishing.