Colman Dual Fuel

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by daystarchis, Apr 14, 2006.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Well my lil 16 year old daughter went and made me cry again:) They were good tears. She bought me a new lantern that takes both fuels. I was wondering if anyone has one and if they like it. Also what is the recomendation (colman or unleaded fuel?)

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    It's made for either, so it's your choice I'd say. These days it's probably cheaper to use Coleman fuel. LOL It burns cleaner too. Might be better in that regard. I've never had one, so that's about the best I can do.

3. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Like Whistler said shoot with the way gas prices are these days just about anything would probalby be cheaper! LOL Sounds like your daughter takes care of ole dad:)

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i bought one of those duel fuels when they first came out in 1990. i found that the unleaded gas burns too hot and warps the generator before long. they may have re-designed them since, but the one i bought (long gone) went through about 5 generators in a year before i started using coleman fuel again.

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks guys;) I was thinking the same thing. I already have colman fuel, but didn't know if you can switch here and there:confused:

6. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    i have a duel fuel and all i burn is the coleman fuel becuase it is cheap but i like it real well will buy another one if ever i need to but i have had this one for 8 years now and it still work like a new one. just had to replace the globe once on account of a slip

7. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    i have used them my hole life. never had anything warp on them, but seems like they clog up quicker using gas. i now strickly use coleman fuel. congrats on the gift.

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks guys. She works part time and plays soccer year round. The gift was from not only her own pocket book, but from her knowing me and my wants. That's plain right down touching. I feel extreemly blessed:)

9. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Blessed you are.There is no greater gift than "when they make you proud."peewee-williams

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Robb,

I bought one of these when they first came out as well. I bought it when I was 15 years old, and that puppy wasn't cheap back then!! I've never had a lick of problems with it. It still burns like a champ. I've used both gas and coleman fuel, but I prefer to burn coleman fuel in it. Like has already been stated, the coleman fuel is supposed to burn cleaner and therefore keep the lantern in better shape. They're really good lanterns.

Jerrod

11. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I have a cookstove and a lantern. I use coleman fuel, however I like the idea if I forget or run out of coleman I can take some gas from the rig and keep going. I have even cut it and seems to work. What a great daughter you have. You are truelly blessed.

12. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Ive had one for 3 years now and I love it , there are 2 sizes though and I have the smaller one , Ive never burnt anything in it but the Gas and it seems to be doing just fine ...Id recomend one to anyone

13. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I have 3 of the dual fuel Colmans. I mostly use Colman fuel but there have been times that I've been in a hurry to get to the lake and after getting there realize I forgot to stop and buy any. So out comes the hose and I have light. I have noticed that unleaded seems to give a kinda yellowish light, not quite as bright as Colman fuel. One of the lanterns was bought used, the person I got it from only used unleaded in it and the generator was clogged up when I got it. I cleaned the generator with some contact cleaner and canned air, the lantern works great now. Judging from the light and the one I bought used, I think a steady diet of unleaded can cause minor problems but it sure is handy to be able to use unleaded when needed.