College Football!

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by TxRiverman, Jun 29, 2006.

1. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    Who cares about pro ball,lets talk College Football.
    Can my Horns repeat,or will the Sooners return(I hope not),can the Buckeyes beat us in Austin this year?

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thee Ohio State Buckeyes

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I don't know that the sooners ever went away. VY made a difference. A big difference. But win or loose, I still like the rivalry we have with UT. Just would like to have a peaceful one without slashed tires or keyed cars on either side. Lets just jaw and not do the physical damage. LOL

4. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm all about the Buckeyes.

5. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Texas will not repeat. VY was the team, and is long gone.

6. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    "the eyes of texas are upon you."
    hook em
    no really , you're gettin bit, hook em!
    matt

7. suddawg

suddawg New Member

GO HUSKERS!

SudDawg

8. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    woo Pig Sooie !
    go Hogs!!

9. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    I agree,let the players battle it out. Not the fans.

10. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    He was a main factor,but he didnt play on defense. We didnt lose much on offence(cept VY),so we will see. We have an early test with the state univ. of ohio then its the Sooners in Dallas after that well see

11. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Yes the horns will have a good defense as usual... But IMHO VY WAS your offense. Top that off with losing your returning running back who got busted with 5 pounds of weed and your starting QB, no matter who you pick, will be a Freshman with little or no college play time and I think your season is 9-3.

12. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    He wasnt the main running back,that would be Jamal Charles. I will admit VY was the catylist for this team. Hopefully this team can learn that they dont need VY to win. i dont know about 9-3 though we have way toooooooooo much talent for that. On talent alone we go 11-1,maybe 10-2. Ohio St. and OU. Ohio St will be good,but can they replace 8 starters on defence? Can OU protect Rhett Bomar? Has Rhett progressed enough as a quaterback? I hate to say it but Notre Dame may be the team to beat this year. But that is in my next thread!

13. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    txriverman, relax brother . no reason to defend your beliefs. after all the texas longhorns ARE the national champions of collegiate level american rules tackle football.
    hook ' em

14. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I am so glad you, as almost all TX fans goes, are the eternal "On talent alone we go 11-1" and that might be true, until you introduce the coaching factor. And right there Mack tears you guys down a few, to that 9-3 level. I do believe Mack put it best when he admitted VY became the star player when Mack quit coaching him and let VY be VY. I can't argure with a man admitting his own fault!

Notre Dame #1? Bwahahahaha ....thanks, I needed that.

15. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I disagree!

I say Vince Young was the National Champion and he took his trophy to the NFL with him!

:tounge_out:

16. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    Hopefully he learned that less is more!

17. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

We shall find out the evening of 10 Sep.

18. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Beware the sooners. I remember last time they had an "inexperienced" and unhearalded quarterback, they won a national championship. They return a lot of terrific talent and I think the're gonna play with a chip on their shoulder this year. It's about time they got that chip back. I love that chip. Hooray chip!!!!!

19. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    woo Pig Sooie !
    go Hogs!!
    :waaaht: Hey We Can Dream Cant We:waaaht:

20. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

The use of a large font does not equate to wins :lol: