College Baseball

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Indigo Flats, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    Who follows college baseball? Here in SC it is big. South Carolina (#4) beat Clemson (#2) yesterday 12-0 and they play again today at 1330 hrs. North Carolina also has an outstanding team.

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I follow local college baseball, especially my college team, Southern Illinois - Carbondale.

3. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    It appears you and I are alone in interest on this forum. College baseball is great. Here in SC we have several good team: University of South Carolina, Clemson, Winthrop, College of Charleston, Coastal Carolina, and Citadel. I think the College World Series is one of the best sporting events in the NCAA. Maybe baseball is like basketball in that interest comes when the tournaments start. Too bad we don't have playoffs in Division I football!!!

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I follow College baseball but could care less for proball my school Southern Ms beat Alabama yesterday !-0 Love it college baseball is very big in Ar & Ms:cool2:

5. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    we had the misfortune of seeing how good north carolina is down here in TEXAS. my dad and i go to most texas games in austin. i have not been to a pro game in 3 or 4 years now.

6. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I follow college baseball,even though the University Of Iowa doesn't have a very good team. I have followed baseball since I was old enough to know what baseball was. I played all the way through little league,pony league,American Legion,high school,and about 3 years of semi-pro. After that I got into coaching and coached for about 10 years. I guess I kinda got the cart before the horse,because before I got into coaching,I was a licensed umpire and umpired high school baseball for about 5 years. I've been to Omaha several times to the College World Series. Some of the best baseball I've ever seen was at the College World Series. Those youngsters are out to show the scouts that they can play ball. I'd much rather see the college game than a pro game. When you go to a college game you know you're going to get your money's worth because those young men bust their tails hustling and making plays. Seems like now days if one of the pro players has a headache or any little thing wrong with them,they can't play. I would have a very difficult time managing a pro team,because I would never be able to cope with the attitudes that some of the pro players have. I used to tell my players when I was coaching that you may have a bad day at the plate,where you can't hit anything that day,and you may have a bad day in the field,where you may make a error or two,but there is no reason why you can't hustle every minute you're out there between the white lines! My players knew if they didn't run from the dugout to their positions and back they were going to be sitting on the bench watching for awhile. I made no exceptions to that rule no matter how good the player was. That's why I like to watch college baseball,because that's the way they play the game.
    Whoa,I better quit rambling,but when I get to talking baseball I just get so fired up,I don't know when to quit.
    Sorry about the length of this post.
    Glenn

7. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I agree. I'll take high school and college baseball over pro any day.

8. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    South Carolina and Mississippi State begin a three game series tonight at 7:30 (Eastern) in Starkville. All three games will be telecast by Sports South. Both schools have outstanding teams! The Gamecocks are ranked # 2 in the nation but the Bulldogs are 13-4.

9. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    The Gamecocks put on a clinic. They won 20-3. Today's game is at 4:00 (eastern time) on Sports South.

10. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Never could stand Pro baseball, but grew up loving to listen/watch Nebraska and Creighton play. Some of the best games are "in-state" rivarlies. Love the College World Series. We usually get free or discount tickets for it on base, so if anyone wants any, give me a holler.

SudDawg
    GO BIG RED!!!