Collectors - Who collects what?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Nobody Special, May 14, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I started collecting old fishing reels and lures for a while but got tired of buying stuff that I couldn't use, so I quit.

My son has been collecting Simpsons stuff for several years and has a pretty extensive collection. He moved out last week into an apartment of his own and of course he left his collection behind. I've been threatening to put it on ebay if he doesn't do something with it. Here's a photo of part of the stuff. I made shelves in the basement for it but quickly ran out of room.

Attached Files:

2. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I collect Blackjack Knifes made in Effingham IL. I will take case pocket knifes too but I prefer Blackjack.

D

3. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I collect fossils the old board had some of my pics but I think they were lost in the transfer. I love digging for all kinds of rocks.

4. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I used to collect Longaberger baskets, but lost interest after about 10 years.:confused2: Last winter I decided to start collecting wine, but then I got very thirsty.:roll_eyes: I told my kids a long time ago that I liked teapots, so now I get one for at least one holiday a year, so I kind of have a collection of those.

I'd have to say my guilty pleasure is high-end handbags. If I had the money to spend, I'd probably have more designer purses than I needed (and very few dollars to put inside of them).:big_smile:

5. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I'm a collector of Eagle figures, I love Eagles, they are just awesome birds.
    I have 2 tattoos of eagles and several ceramic eagles, to many to count.
    But the ones I collect have to look as real as possible.

6. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Coins and currency from other countrys. I am only lacking a few countrys now like england austrialia finland and russia. I hope to get some of them before to long hehe I also have a bad habit with collecting my r/c planes and stuff.

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dust, mostly...

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Bills, I collect alot of bills. Really fun, if anyone would like to help pay some just shoot me a line. hehehe

9. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    Coins and coffee mugs.

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I seem to collect all kinds of electrical componets that I rarely will use.
    I just cant stand taking something out that is brand new and in good to excellent condition and being told to trash it.
    I have all kinds of lighting contactors from 15 dollar value to 7-800 dollar value, time clocks, timers, ice cube relays, different types of light fixtures and even a pole mounted 1000 watt Metal Halide parking lot light I cut down out of an IHOP parking lot.
    I need to open a supply house.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Starting when we married we collected every buffalo nickel and silver dollar we came across. After 32 years we had collected several jars of them. Then a kid from from across the street broke into the house while we were on vacation, he cashed them in at a 7 to 11.
    Never had an interest to collect anything since.

12. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Now that sucks!! I sure hope he did a little time anyways for that.

13. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I have a collection of old fishing lures and tackle from the days when I could find them at yard sales, but can't find the stuff at yard sales anymore.
    Now I am trying to collect as much money as I can! :smile2:lol

14. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Can't tell ya what I hoped for that kid that is just wrong.

15. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Oh I know what you mean but these days it seems they all walk away with a slap on thier wrists.

16. gatorbait

gatorbait New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Baseball Cards...

17. AllenM

AllenM Guest

I know you're going to trip on this one.... I collect tarantulas. I've had as many as 22 species at a time in past years.I've wanted to collect bladed weapons, but haven't really done much with that. I have a couple swords and a fair number of knives though.

18. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Here lately, because of the nasty weather, and not going fishing. I been setting around alot and collecting a lot of dust.:lol:

19. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    i collect Denver Broncos anything,i dont care what it is if it has Denver Broncos on it i want it

20. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    it's exciting to find arrowheads laying along the shoreline. it's pretty cool to know the last person that had it lived hundreds even thousands of years ago.there's a lot of dart points here around austin i've found some that date back 4000 years or more.
    matt