Collect Em At The Door!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BIG GEORGE, May 2, 2006.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I know this topic has been riden hard so I apologize in advance. LOL! Can any one imagine or are there any stats on wasted man hours at work due to cell phone useage?

I know that if I were an employer that is the first thing I would make clear is don't bring em to your place of employment or I'm takein it till the end of the shift! I don't think people get half wages for workin with one hand. LOL!

Allrite! Lets get this fire stoked!!!

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    George,

I agree completely. I mean, the nerve of some people to do something else while they are working. What, do they think they can multi-task??? I don't think so. Just look at me, every day I go to work and NEVER, ever, not even once, do I think about doing something other than working while at work.

Oh wait, I forgot, I'm on the BOC all day at work. 1 thing about it, my clients will never know it!

3. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I agree, and I think everyone would if they owned a business. If your getting payed to do a job then you should give them your all not half or a third. Unless your cell phone has something to do with your job, then leave it in your car.

4. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Cell phones are both the greatest invention in the last 20 years, as well as the most evil.

If people only used them when necessary and then politely, they would be great. What I don't want to hear is while I am grocery shopping and then have to listen to some lady beside me discussing the puss discharges she is having from where I won't mention over her phone.

I wish it was legal to use and own the cell phone signal scramblers/blockers, as I would declare myself a cell phone free zone and leave it on all the time.

5. captain5214

captain5214 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    no cell phones on a call. no cell phones while driving. no cell phones while doing duties. thats my policy and i enforce it . charlie r

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Hey Toni! Perhaps "MULTI TASK" another freekin term I'm sick of, should reflect in doing multiple things that relate to the job!

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    LOL, unfortunately in my line of work, the cell phone is the only way my boss can contact me.

8. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    You guys are kidding... right??? You actually get your thongs in a bunch over people, in a FREE society, using a cell phone out in the open??? ROTFLMFHPDAO!!! Come on Adolph, cut them folks some slack. Sorry boys, but this is one parade I'm not going to march in, cause them jackboots cut the circulation off to my brain. LOL

I can see certain restrictions on the job, especially if you're working for someone other than yourself. That's just good common sense.

9. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Mine is at the bottom of lake. I put it there a few years back. :wink:

10. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Dano,

And you wonder why them catfish don't bite!!! Their all on your cell phone, making long distance calls... :crazy:

11. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I own and operate my business. I never bring my cell in to a clients work place unless absolutly nessesary. I leave it in the truck always out of respect to the client, unless I need tech support.

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    hey Dano Sure Hope Your Phone Isn't In Roam While On The Bottom Of Lake. I Agree With Just About Everything Said. They Are Nice Ifan Emerg. Then Again Most Of The Time There A Pain In The Backside.

13. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    I'm retired but in my place of work, you had to have permission to use a
    phone. I had a cell phone but it was always turned off, when I was at work...I worked and everyone I knew where I was there was no reason
    to call me. If I am on the clock my job was to do what they hired me to
    do, they pay my wages and provide my family with health benefits, nothing else is more important. Cell phones are great it is the individuals
    using them that are disrespectful, the only cell phone messages that would be appropriate would be in an extreme emergency.

14. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I saw a girl the other day driving a stick shift while eating an apple and trying to talk on a cell phone.Needless to say she wasn't driving very well and I was glad to get out of her way.I see cell phones misused every day.

15. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I detest cell phones. I refuse to buy one. If my employer wants to get in touch with me he will provide the phone and I will carry it.
    I got a cell phone:wink:

16. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    I use my cell for business everyday. I have almost perfected the one handed reeling technique!:lol:

17. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dang One eye Jack. We are all in agreement except for........ You must be bored. I wish you the best on hooking up soon with your better half, my friend.:big_smile:

I feel a record catfish catch coming on.
    I'm a going to catch that flat that sucked up my C.P. in lake. When I do, I will probably have pic's for the best lay out of the lake bottom. :cool2:

18. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    I agree with you all about the phone and work performance, but as Bmaultbay said, we have to have our phone with us all the time so we have to perfect ways to fish with them. I know Brian has perfected his way cause I call him all the time with issues, especially while he is fishing and the rest of us are working.LMAO!!!!

19. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Makes you wonder how the country ran so well without cell phones.

20. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    I agree cell phones are a nusence and a real danger when driveing. I would love to see more tickits given for the use of cell phones when driveing. Iff I get a call on mine, I pull over and then talk or give the phone to my wife if she is with me and let her handle the call, I concontrate on the driveing.
    I am retired and cell phones were not so common when I was working. I was a supervisor for the post office for 10 years and I know that I would not have allowed anyone to have a cell phone when at work. Self included. When at work you are sapose to be working not talking on various subjects that have nothing to do with your job.