Coleslaw Recipes

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Katfish Kern, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    Anyone have any recipes for some coleslaw????

2. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    I am not crazy bout those slaws that have vineger in them myself and am often requested to make the slaw at gatherings at home and other places. This is, I suppose a sweet type slaw if you want to try it. I don't really go by specific measurements, just make adjustments as you go along to best suit it to your taste. Ohhhh and I don't really know how to make a small batch since it's always being made for a group, so you may want to scale back on the amounts of things too....

1 large head cabbage washed and cut into wedges small enough to manage by hand
    5-6 good size carrots scraped and washed
    1 1/2--2 large cooking spoons of mayo.... not miraclewhip
    salt and pepper to taste... I like a good bit of pepper
    1/2 cup sugar

I hand grind my cabbage and carrots instead of chopping them or buying them pre shredded... I think this makes it juicier. Anyway, grind the cabbage and carrots, add the other ingredients and mix.....
    Sometimes I like to add peeled, chopped red apples..gives it a sweet crunch.

Hope you like.:wink:

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
  4. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    thank yall I really appreciate it.

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Here's how we've been making it lately. I like it.

1 bag of shredded cabbage
    several green onions, chopped
    1 pkg. Beef flavored Ramen noodles
    1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
    1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
    1/4 cup sugar

In a bowl, dump in the vinegar, oil, sugar, and the beef flavoring mix from the noodle package, and mix thoroughly.

In a big bowl, dump the cabbage mix, and onions, and mix up. Pour the dressing over cabbage mix, and stir it up.

Right before you serve the slaw, crunch up the noodles real good, and dump the on top of the slaw, and mix them in a bit. You could also add some sun flower seeds at this point.