Coleman Lantern ?

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by bootshowl, May 28, 2007.

1. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Anybody up on the newer Coleman duel fuel lanterns. Mine the main control valve is really hard to turn, squeaks when ya do, and is acting up. I thought it was a bad generator, but it seems to be the main valve. I taken it apart, down to the tank an valve an pump....this is one of the newer models that ya can adjust for brightness. I've never used anything but Coleman fuel in it, but left it stored for a couple weeks without bleeding down the pressure from the tank. Anyone got any ideas? The control rod for the generator moves in sync with the valve, but stiff an noisey. Tis been hard to light, and not as bright as it should be at times, then ya fiddle with it an it starts working....but it's interferring with my fishing time. Thanks.

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    SORRY BROTHER CANT HELP YA THERE,I USE COLEMAN LANTERNS BUT MINE ARE ALL PROPANE.

3. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Burning dim and you play with it and it straightens out? Then there's trash in the generator. I know you said you took it apart, but could you have missed something? The tight valve take off the nut at the end and use thread tape on the treads, being careful not to get any tape inside the valve. Make sure no fuel touches the thread tape, it will melt it. Put the nut back on, but don't tighten it as tight. Snug it down to where it will hold a seal. Hope this helps.

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    That's what I thought when I started, but the generator is off the control valve, an it's the valve itself that's stiff an noisey an hard to turn. Thanks.