Coleman fuel???

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by shuorc, May 10, 2008.

1. shuorc

shuorc New Member

State:
    fl
    What is the shelf life of coleman fuel?? Have some for our hurricane preparedness kit (about 3 yrs old) and wondering if it's time to put it in the truck and get some new.--shu

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    not sure. but i hope its a long time. because at $9+ a gallon i aint buying any. so so glad i bought a duel fuel lantern. seems a fire now is the cheapest.

3. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    My colman stove will burn on regular gas but dont know about the coleman lanterns. mine is an older one...

4. kevhead56

kevhead56 New Member

State:
    Greenfield, Il
    Contact Coleman and ask. They should be able to give you an idea. It will also make a difference if the can is still sealed or has been opened.

5. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have some fuel left that is at least 10 years old. I bought a bunch at an auction for 2 dollars a gallon. Still burns great. I bought some new this year, Whoa has it gone up!!!!!!!!!i

6. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    I have several containers that are at least 8 to 10 yrs old and still using it. I think it is like wine the older it gets the better it is.
    PEEDEE CAT

7. shuorc

shuorc New Member

State:
    fl
    Will check with Coleman before calling it good(have 3 gal unopened) and hope for no hurricanes.
    Thanks guys for the responses.--shu

8. shuorc

shuorc New Member

State:
    fl
    Went to the Coleman website FAQ and found that unopened the gas is good for from 5 to 7 years and can't put in the truck, will take out the valves.
    Thanks again.---shu