Coleman Fuel

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by wvcatfishhunter, May 27, 2009.

1. wvcatfishhunter

wvcatfishhunter New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Just curious as to the price of coleman fuel out there. It's 11.99 a gallon here now. I'm gonna just run my stuff on reg unleaded at 2.56 a gallon.. Coleman is gonna loose a lot of customers charging 11.99 a gallon for fuel.

2. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I think the last one i bought a couple weeks ago was $8.99? That is why i converted my camp stoves to propane, the conversion piece was just $18 at walmart?plus you dont need to pump it up all the time. But wow $12 bucks a gallon??? someone told me they burn unleaded gas in the lanterns instead of coleman fuel,never was that brave to do that:confused2:

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    hey i use the tanks that are disposable, u can get two for five bucks, they are good for allnighters or multiple 3-4 hour trips try wal mart

4. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Yeah i use the disposeable propane cans also, it is the liquid coleman fuel that is $11.99

5. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I would go with the propane conversion but I have used regular unleaded gas for years with NO problems, we used to call it "white gas" back when everything else was leaded

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    :confused2:ya know ive never really thought about because the camp fuel wasnt that high but their cant be that mutch of a difference. id think theyd both go poof:confused2:

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    If I looks around I can still find fuel for around $9 a gallon. Last year I tried using gas and it ruined 3 lanterns. It took awhile but it eventually gummed it up inside. Coleman fuel has extra additives in it to avoid this problem. I know folks use gas and never mentioned problems but its just my luck, it did ruin mine. I was gonna repair them but I too tried the propane ones and I'm sold now.

.....I was scared to light that match the first time to but you will be just fine if ya wanna try it...it lights the same.

Good thing about propane is that you have no chance of spilling fuel on you or stinking up your vehicle.

8. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I use propane for my stove and lantern. In the 60s we used Amoco
    white gas but it was 100 octane for our coleman stoves and lanterns.
    I would be afraid to use this weak stuff we have now.

9. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Propane is cheap,,, about 15 a 20 pound bottle at Farm Bureau Coop,,,them kits WalMart has do they adapt any lantern??? Maybe I need to switch,,,

I have tryed unleaded in duel fuel Colemans,,,,darn gas eats mantles and as soon as a hole gets in the mantle,,,, psssst there goes the glass....lol lol

Coleman fuel at Meijers is 8.99 a gallon here. If coleman fuel gets too high,,, you might as well run a genorater,,,,lol,,,lol,,,electric lights and a hot plate, what a concept. lol