Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I love "slaw" in any configuration but if I was pinned to just one I would choose Col Sanders.Finely chopped and I swear it has a hint of horseradish in it but I cant prove it.:smile2::big_smile:Thats why I keep eating it!!!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Here ya go....just what you ordered....

[SIZE=+1]KFC's Cole Slaw Recipe (Top Secret Recipes) [/SIZE]

8 cups finely chopped cabbage
1/4 cup carrot, shredded
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice

Cut cabbage and carrots into small pieces about the size of rice kernels. (The food processor is great for this!)
In salad bowl, combine the sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar and lemon juice.
Beat until smooth. Add the cabbage and carrots. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Serves 6 to 8.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hey Rob soon as my wife gets home I will try to get her to post it on here.

I dont like cole slaw but I can eat hers and every time there is a cookout of any sort she gets invited only if she makes the slaw :wink:

·
Floyd
4,927 Posts
Pretty standard creamy cole slaw

Ingredients
1 1/2 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Vinegar
2 tbsp Miracle Whip
1 1/2 cups Cole slaw mix
Salt & pepper to taste

Preparation
Combine sugar and vinegar. Stir in Miracle Whip. Toss with cole slaw mix. Add salt & pepper to taste.

·
Floyd
4,927 Posts
HERE YA GO SOMETHING DIFFERENT

Creamy Southern Cole Slaw

2 cups fresh Corn Kernels
6 Green Cabbage shredded
5 cups Red Cabbage shredded
2 Carrots peeled and cut into matchsticks
1 small Red Onion thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups Mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
2 teaspoons Black Pepper
Salt to Taste
1 tablespoon Honey
1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1 pound Regular Smoked Bacon cooked, chopped
3/4 cup Pecan toasted, chopped

Heat a pan over high heat. Place corn kernels in pan and quickly toss. Toast corn until brown marks appear. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
Toss the corn, cabbages, carrots and red onion in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, cayenne, pepper, salt, honey and vinegar. Pour mixture over the cabbage blend and toss until coated.
Top the slaw with bacon and pecans just before serving.

·
Registered
248 Posts
i know this may be taboo for the scratch cook, but dole coleslaw mix and hidden valley cole slaw dressing makes a great quick coleslaw. i have brought this to work when we have an occasional fish fry and everybody raves about it. not knowing my secret i just smile.

·
Registered
13,057 Posts
Well Rob, I have my own coleslaw recipe and it's always well received when I make it for a get together. However, it's filed away in a special folder with the rest of my original recipes and reserved for MY cookbook. Sorry I can't be of assistance. :wink:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.