Cold, windy, raining. G-dotte R. WV

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by DANZIG, Nov 15, 2008.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    11/15/08

Fooled around all morning then went out to pick up my deer, the sun came out for a few minutes and that got me fired up. Chucked the meat in the freezer, poles and nightcrawlers in the truck, and took off.
    I should have took a minute and grabbed some warmer clothes!
    It was chilly, it rained, wind never stopped.

Hit the bank bout 2:30, froze out at 'round 5.

We had a bit of rain this week so the River was up a tiny bit, stained almost black, and the current running good, the down side of that was all the leaves, I reckon I missed quite a few for thinking bites were leaves and sticks hitting the lines.

The count was,,,,2 small Drum, 1 Small Channel Cat, 1 3lb 14 oz Saugeye, and 1 8lb 15oz Carp!!

All but one drum on a "Kmart special" Zebco 33 combo. That Carp was a hoot! Pole bent double, drag screaming! Me getting religion!!:smile2:

Sorry, no pics. I have misplaced(I hope) my camera, though I doubt my wet frozen hands could have worked it anyway.

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Was wondering how the cold sould effedt the fish thanks

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    You done well Lawrence for those conditions! Thanks for the report! :cool2:

4. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks for the report. Those carp are fun!

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like an exciting trip, i like to catch those carp sometimes, but I hate them when I am sure it is a cat!! Congrats on getting out there

6. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    thanks sound like fun rick

7. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Cold, Wind, and Rain....can make for some really tough fishing conditions. You toughed it out for a while and caught some fish. Sounds like fun to me!!!:big_smile: