Cold weather

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by THRowSOmeStink, Apr 12, 2007.

1. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    This darn cold weather is really messing up the fishing this year. I am still going to Fall river to go fishing. Hopefully I will catch some. Any one been doing any good up there before all this weather hit:crazy:

2. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    One of the guys I bowl with and his brother went there just before the weather turned. They caught 100 crappie, and 50 white bass in a half day of fishing. They were up in the river I believe, hitting brush piles.

Hard to say what the wheather is doing to them though, I was going to go up there Sunday when it is supposed to warm up a little, but not sure I want to waste the gas now.....:roll_eyes:

3. THRowSOmeStink

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    I dont blame you. It is an anual trip me and my bodies go on so i am sure it will still be fun. I will let you know if we do any good. We will be up by ladd bridge. I think that is what it is called up in the river. Might try the lake to dont know. Thanks for the info though appreciate it.

4. THRowSOmeStink

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Well we all froze friday night and the river came up way to high to do any good. We tried to fish the back waters and no luck. Went to the lake and caught a couple of crappie but that was it. Had a good time though. Just timed it wrong. I will give another try later.

5. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I've heard Fall River reservoir is the place to go for really big crappie.

6. THRowSOmeStink

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Eric, fall river does have some nice crappie and also so does toronto. We usually catch nice 2 to 21/2 pound crappie at fall river but the weather just didnt help

7. Bottom Dweller

Bottom Dweller New Member

State:
    missouri
    We've done ok for cappies in the past in there, but I agree this weather is driving me nuts! It's fun to go out, but I can't wait for shorts