Cold Weather! When will it Break?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Jan 28, 2010.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I would like to get outside and get the Cat-toon organized with my catfishing stuff, put all my tackle on board, get all the batteries charged,Place all my rod,well most of my rods on board.

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I told the wife I was tired of winter. She told me it would be over March the 21st. Smart a**!!!!!

3. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Tops you had to know that as soon as you got the toon home the weather would get bad, but take heart it has to get better sooner or later and when it does lookout cause TOPS is going to be mobile.

4. 4Low

4Low New Member

State:
    Lonoke, AR
    and come August we'll be fantasizing about weather like this...LOL!

5. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Not me! If I was not a deer hunter than I could do without winter! I like spring and fall best!

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I can fish at night while it is hot!!

7. 4Low

4Low New Member

State:
    Lonoke, AR
    Yes, that's true. I sure do hate all the skeeters, mayflies and buffalo gnats that come along with it though...but I'll take the bugs and warm weather over freezing temps any day.

8. mrgib31

mrgib31 New Member

State:
    Conway, Arkansa
    I agree if it were June - August all year I'd be sitting pretty!

9. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Hey James after the weather warms up maybe you and I can take my boat up and see if TOPS will let us tag along on a fishing trip, watcha say TOPS.

10. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    dont know what yall gripping bout its a balmy 29 with ice ever where and sposed to get more.what more could a catfisherman want.all summer long i heard about how much better fishing is when its cold so come youse guys that prayed for this crap get out there and bring me back some fish tales.

11. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Now Johnnie - there is a difference in COLDER weather and down out rite Freezing temps! You know I fish in the cold as well as Tallman does. Been out in it with both of you and have caught some of my PB's in the cold!

But- this is past that point and I ain't getting out in this crap to fish unless I have a closure with heat and my poles sticking out of it!!!

12. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    We ain't had a winter this bad in 20yrs!!!! I told Regan & Johnny (777) both eat the blackeyed peas Jan1st.....:mohawk: but Hell no....LOL!!!!! Obviously this is directly related.......I love fishin the winter but not good at "Ice_skating":excruciating:

13. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Sam,
    Maybe it was because I ate too many blackeyed peas Jan 1,........and Jan 2..........and Jan 3.......
    I made up too many and may have jinxed us weather wise.
    Just finished that rod holder I told you about. About to pour some sinkers................that I really don't need.
    Believe me Pits, it isn't the cold that is keeping ME from fishing now, it is the stinking ice all over the ramps/roads. You can bet I will seriously consider fishing tomorrow or Sunday, but if Elkins schools are closed again on Monday, I will be down on the river. I ain't sitting around like we all did a few weeks ago.
    .....just getting over those butt sores from that long sitting spell.
    By the way Sam, the snow has finally started up here in Fattyville. It is POURING

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  14. skipjacks

skipjacks New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well it just may be March before this all melts. Up here round Mtn View I have 1/4 " of ice with 1" of sleet over it and 6" of snow and still snowing hard. I'm in the winter band of junk for sure. End of March my boy arrives with boat in tow. By then the river should be blown out pretty good. So big sam,I've noticed that you fish Lake Dardanelle alot to say the least. Do you know of a particular area on main channel that my son and I can try for some blues? He is only here for 2 weeks and that is when I hope to catch a big fish or two, and try the dbl action hooks from Team Catfish.:waiting: Only chance at the cats from a boat I will have till fall. Hope the toon and your back get along Tops !

15. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Yep...the closest ramp would be piney go out to the main channel turn right up-current look for rock quarry on left cant miss it....go straight across & up river just a tad 100yrds!!LOL look for the drop off right hand side of the river good spot....also the big flat by big cabin ramp hold blues..fish and move fish and move.....best 2 spots around the area....

16. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Sam,
    hmmmm, that area sure sounds familiar????
    Wish I were down there right now on that drop. I bet they are stacked up.
    If I am out Monday and can get out, you want to meet up down there?

17. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Sam how deep is that drop across from the quarry? there is a 45 foot drop above the barges, above the Parked barges the ones not being loaded up river about 200 yards.

18. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Top,
    I fish a drop Sam was referring to a lot......a whole lot. The one I fish is about 30 deep at the bottom and about 9-12 on the top. There are some on the north side across of the that have about 7 feet on the top down to about 25 feet. There is always some fish in that area.

19. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    :bulgy-eyes:Not at all sure when this weather will break. See, the cave I am hybernating in doesn't have a window. Someone PM me when it is spring! LOL A couple times cause this pup is sleeping til then!

20. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    yup I'm ready for this weather to break... I'm redoin a boat and this is slowing me down bad.