Cold Weather Gear that floats you??

Discussion in 'Fishing Clothing Review' started by ShilohRed, Dec 25, 2008.

Would you buy Cold Weather Gear like this?

1. Is your live and being warm fishing worth the Price?

2. Or do you think its way to high and your life is not worth it?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    We at Wild Wolf Products may be taking on a line of Winter Cold Weather gear. The Bib's and jacket will float 3 people. Keep you warm down to sub freezing weather, its made for Ice fishing.
    Waterproof/Breathable.
    Windproof.
    Sub-Zero Protection
    Lightweight, No Bulk
    Buoyant
    Brushed Tricot Lining
    3 layers of INSULTEX™ Insulation
    Neck Flap to Block Wind
    Adjustable Hood
    Two Way Zipper with Snaps
    NeoPrene Cuff With Velcro Adjuster
    Toggles & Bungee For Tightening
    Four D-Rings for Hanging Things
    Four Large Cargo Pockets With Snaps
    Lined Hand Warmer Pockets
    Two Lined-Zipper Pockets
    To me this sounds like the perfect Cold Weather gear, And priced at MSRP $385 for the jacket and Bibs.. But I think I can sell for less than MSRP. I know the stuff is not cheap. But now much is your life worth? And to be able to stay warm while fishing also? Now its not CostGuard Approved so you have to still have a Life Vest on board.
    How many would like more info on this Cold Weather gear?
    Pete

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Also if I do start selling it. I will give a discount to members of the board.
    Pete

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds good Pete, but honestly i can't afford it. I use to duck hunt in a float coat. Luckily never needed it though.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Thanks Pete, sounds like it would be worth the investment for anyone that fishes in the wintertime.

5. justinsane1

justinsane1 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    sounds good.. its sounds nice..

6. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I'd have to see it, first.

When I was flying above the Arctic Circle, and later, over the Great Lakes in winter, we wore Mustang suits. They did the job, but were not something I would want to wear while fishing.

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    What part would you have to see first? Everyone that has them and also had the Mustang's. Say these are way better then the Mustangs as far as warmth and lightweight without bulk. But the Mustang does better if your in the water for a long time. But again these are not made for hours in the water .
    These both pieces weight less then half of most others.
    Pete

8. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I wouldnt say that my life isnt worth it but I would say that your average fisherman couldnt afford it.:wink:
    I know I cant.

9. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Pete, I was just relating my experience with the Mustang, which left me less than enthusiastic.

By "see it", I meant that I'd need to know more about the product to form an opinion. For instance, is it a "dry suit"?

10. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Pete, I think a lot of us are interested, but don't like the poll choices :sad2: I would consider it, I'm in the market for something along those lines, but would like to learn more. I know my current solution of wearing a flotation vest under a warm coat would float me, but hypothermia is still a concern.

11. drifter106

drifter106 Member

State:
    kansas
    Recently purchased a set of these and they are definitely worth the money. Around Xmas time there were 2 guys ice fishing (Wilson Lake in Kansas). They were coming back and one fell thru and drown. The other guy was able to get out but suffered frost bite. I could only think of him and the families...and the fact that if he had one of these on he possibly could of avoided the outcome. Gives me "peace of mind" when I am on the water or ice that I do have something that could possibly save me from a catastrophe.

12. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Its not a dry suit. but 2 people that had it on and fell through ice. Were able to get out. Then walk 2 miles to safety. They were warm and no frost bite.
    I am thinking in a boat, if you fall in. Even the ones of us with a life vest on. Would not make it. AS with all the winter clothes on, the life vest would not keep us up.
    This suit will float 3 people my size ( 240 lbs) and allow me to get back out of the water.
    I have one here now, The coat Bibs and gloves weight in at around 6 lbs for all of that. Light warm and no bulk.
    Pete

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR

Pete, I don't have a clue what this or a mustang is. It would be a big help if you could post a picture of what you have, it would be :0a31:.

14. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Watch the videos of this stuff. Also its lite, Not a lot of bulk like most cold gear.
    Pete
    http://www.idigear.com/products.php
    The Bibs and coat will float 3 people or better then 600 lbs easy.
    Keep you warm and safe.
    Pete