Cold weather fishing?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by usmc0208, Oct 26, 2006.

1. usmc0208

usmc0208 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Has anyone been catching anything since it got cold?

2. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Not really. I caught a few carp and a channelcat the last two weeks but thats before the water went up though.

3. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Actual water temp is the key. Doesnt matter so much if the fishermans cold as long as the fish are warm..LOL If your a bank fisher just buy a little thermometer and hang iut under a bobber and cast it around the area your fishing. That will give you an Idea what your dealing with. Just keep in mind the colder the water when you get below around 62-65 the less agressive the cats are so you've got to put bait right in their face. Fish have to eat and bigger fish have to eat more often when its cold than small ones do.

4. dredgeman

dredgeman New Member

State:
    n.c.
    i caught a 5 lb. flathead last saturday. first bite in 2 weeks!!!:crazy:

5. catfish1516

catfish1516 New Member

State:
    Reidsville ,North Carolina
    no, but i am goin to try because there is this pond that i go to that has every square inch is covered in weeds, usually this pond is some real good fishin but i'll wait till the cold weather kills the weeds

6. riverwiskers

riverwiskers New Member

State:
    kelly nc
    I dont like the cold so I dont fish. lol

7. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Went a couple weeks ago, water temp was in mid sixties and caught an 8lb flat on live eel. Yesterday morning on my way to hunt the water temp was only 56 so I guess the flathead season is just about done, but it should be great for blues.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    We caught 60 blues with a few channels mixed in Sunday. All fish caught in 2 to 6 ft. water around the brush.

9. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Wow Must Be Nice!!!

10. whisker bend

whisker bend New Member

State:
    georgia
    I Fish The Coosa River In Georgia. The Fall Bite Is In High Gear In Three Trips Ive Boated 13 Flats 2 Ver 40 1 Over 50.

11. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Winter is my favorite time to fish. I always catch bigger fish in the cold and don't have to fight the crowds. I love the winter time