Cold Weather Catfishing?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by TheMick, Sep 30, 2008.

1. TheMick

TheMick New Member

State:
    Missouri
    How's everyones luck been in the past in the cold weather? Its starting to get cooler out and I dont want to stop fishing any time soon!!!!!

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Good post Corey. Welcom to the BOC. I look forward to the answers on this one also.

Tom

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Corey. I'm a little south of you, but I talked to some guys on the Arkansas River last weekend, and the bite's still on here. We're having a gathering there this weekend, and I'm heading that way tomorrow to try it for myself.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Corey Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I have always found the fall and early winter to be some of the best fishing of the year. Always fish :0a23::0a25::0a25:when its safe and when you have the free time.

5. Hurricane

Hurricane New Member

State:
    Arnold, Missouri
    I've heard the catfishing usually starts picking up in October but I can't say from experience, newbie. I have noticed that it seems like alot of pictures of guys holding big cats seem to be in colder weather because they are all wearing coats and stocking caps.

6. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Welcome to the BOC, and I say give it a try and let us know, practice does make perfect since.:eek:oooh:

7. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    I seem to be doing ok on the Meramec the last week.:roll_eyes:

8. Hurricane

Hurricane New Member

State:
    Arnold, Missouri
    We went out on the Mississippi last night and didn't even get a bite.:sad2: We were out there about 3 1/2 to 4 hours and nothing.

9. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Cold weather fishing is good you can catch some of the biggest cats in oct,nov & dec really all winter.They will start feeding up for winter and start moving to their wintering holes and when you find the right hole you can load the boat.Don't fish directly in the hole fish on the edge of it.Don't be scared to fish really shallow like 5-10ft.

10. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    great info. Thanx!!!

11. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    what would be a deep hole?

12. bobcatcher

bobcatcher New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Things have been good here in southeast Indiana. Last Saturday I was out on the lake at 7:30 am and by 10:00 I had caught 7 cats; the biggest being a 8# channel.

13. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Hey Catfish Kid , the way i see a deeper hole is just that. If im in the boat and the depth finder is telling me the bottom is an average of 7 to 9 feet then you hit a spot that is 12 to 14 feet that is a deeper hole. And if there some structure at the bottom to JACKPOT!! time to fish.

14. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    October and November are my favorite time of year to fish. Bait is easy to catch and catfish want to get fat.:roll_eyes:

15. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Cory,
    Welcome to the BOC from another Missouri cat chaser. We fished the last couple of days chasing some Stripers and a few cats ( very few ) it turned around a little for us today the stripers were off key and the catfish bite was better, nothing big 5 nice eaters 3-5 lbs.

16. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    thanks manny. i'll give it a shot

17. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    also can anyone tell me how to thank some one so it shoes on the counter?

18. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Cory.

19. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Daniel. Check with a staff member about that.

20. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    A welcome to the BOC to you also Daniel. As soon as you get 10 posts I think that option will show up for you at the bottom right of the posts. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.