Cold weather blue catfish!

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by coolarrow2, Feb 11, 2007.

1. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well I'm ready for the weather to break a little bit anyway! I've been running traps and storing up bait for when the weather warms up just a little. I got all the hooks on the lines sharp and ready. The boat is setting on go. It's been a cold Texas winter! Is anybody else felling it too? :crazy:

2. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    I've had a month or so of short strikes fishing for blues and channels in north Texas. Plenty of bites, just pecks and short jerks both shallow and drifting. Been some big blues caught on Lavon recently which is pretty much the norm in winter, but very few have had days of large stringers. My guess, in the next 30 days water temps will rise above 50 and the bite will get back to hammer time.

3. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    You bet! I am feeling the cold but still fishing. I fished the river last Friday evening and caught mostly Crappie, White Perch to me and a few White bass.
    There was a guy camping at the boat ramp park and he had a blue that I am sure was pushing 45 lb. and a couple that were 6 to 7. That was from his Thursday night baiting of two small trotlines with perch.

4. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    I tell ya, I'm feelin th anxious urge to hit th water hard. Been waitin a while to chase some big blues on lake Granger. Not a huge lake, but a good one for blues none-the-less. went out this past week and baited out a couple holes, gonna run trot-lines this weekend. \m/

5. Longhorns

Longhorns New Member

State:
    Texas
    1691 - Post up your results on Granger. I fish there occasionally in a kayak and have done some good at the Willis Creek end (too shallow for power boat usually).

6. CatfishJohn.612

CatfishJohn.612 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I can't wait to get back on the water! Hopefully in the next 3 or 4 weeks I can get back out on Calaveras and Branig Lakes.