Cold water Inlet at the Nuclear Plant At London,Arkansas

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Aug 15, 2005.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Post all info about fishing the inlet here.

2. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

You go Verlon!! :cool:

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Here are a few fish that we caught at the cold water inlet of the nuclear plant.

4. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Hey Top, Nice fish wonder who caught those??? :p Just so you know I have the console started on the boat should be done with it in a few days, then Put the floor coat on then tackle the motor. Maybe, Not sayin for sure, but maybe we can fish in it this winter. Depends on the motor. :glare:

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
  6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I will try to fish the inlet with-in the next couple weeks!!:) :) :)

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
  8. fisherdude

fisherdude New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Top:
    If you don't mind my asking, which side of the net are you fishing on - upstream or downstream?

9. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Ken, we are on the upside of the barrier. We let the boat drift into the barrier to hold the boat steady. we fish over the barrier and also behine us , back toward the state park. Here is what we caught today. The one that Mac caught is showing 6 pounds 15 ounces. The one I caught was only two pounds.

10. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The fish we caught with cut skip jack, rods were rigged carolina style, with 2 ounce no roll sinker. Mac will have to tellyou the water depth because I did not turn my deph finder on. He had his on at the trolling motor. I think from what I remember the depth is about 25 feet.

11. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! verlon posting a picture holding a CATFISH!!!!!!!!!!!! :p good job fellows .............................. know u had fun......

12. prince

prince Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I had to post one more time before I can view the pic's - this makes 10 post so I can now look :)

13. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Water was either 43 or 48 and the depth was from 13 to 25, Thats about the best drop I could find out there. Cats was very slow, There was a ton of Bait fish, Shad I suppose, and you could see em layin on the bottom! Musta ate so much they sunk cuz they didnt want our bait. :crying: , anyways we had a pretty good time, wind wasn't to bad and we saw the sun once or twice. anyways Thats my report. Mac

14. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Today, I took my boat partner out to the inlet, here are some of the fish that were caught. They were caught on night crawlers worms and cut skips.

Attached Files:

15. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    My daughter caught her personal best today, I must post it for her, she does not have enough post.

16. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Way to go! I've never had any luck with cats on the inlet side, but I've known people who prefer it over the outlet side.

17. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Still getting the bites at the inlet. We caught a 8 pounder Sunday afternoon. A bunch of eaters were also caught. I have pictures in my camera but have not downloaded the yet. The smaller ones were caught on night crawlers. The larger ones on cut skips.

18. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Nice pics verlon!! One of these days brother, one of these days, i just might be able to get up that way and do some fishing. Can't seem to find the finances to get the boat out of the yard. I did start it up last night in the yard , just to make sure she would still run!!!!

19. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Glad to hear there starting to bite. Thanks for the report Top!:smile2:

20. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Top, congratulations to your daughter on her PB. Sounds like ya'll are on the fish. After that last tournament me and Big Sam are ready to catch some blues we've never seen so many channel cat. 3 to 5 lber's everywhere:smile2:.