Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Hey Top, Nice fish wonder who caught those??? :p Just so you know I have the console started on the boat should be done with it in a few days, then Put the floor coat on then tackle the motor. Maybe, Not sayin for sure, but maybe we can fish in it this winter. Depends on the motor. :glare:

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ken, we are on the upside of the barrier. We let the boat drift into the barrier to hold the boat steady. we fish over the barrier and also behine us , back toward the state park. Here is what we caught today. The one that Mac caught is showing 6 pounds 15 ounces. The one I caught was only two pounds.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The fish we caught with cut skip jack, rods were rigged carolina style, with 2 ounce no roll sinker. Mac will have to tellyou the water depth because I did not turn my deph finder on. He had his on at the trolling motor. I think from what I remember the depth is about 25 feet.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Water was either 43 or 48 and the depth was from 13 to 25, Thats about the best drop I could find out there. Cats was very slow, There was a ton of Bait fish, Shad I suppose, and you could see em layin on the bottom! Musta ate so much they sunk cuz they didnt want our bait. :crying: , anyways we had a pretty good time, wind wasn't to bad and we saw the sun once or twice. anyways Thats my report. Mac

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My daughter caught her personal best today, I must post it for her, she does not have enough post.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still getting the bites at the inlet. We caught a 8 pounder Sunday afternoon. A bunch of eaters were also caught. I have pictures in my camera but have not downloaded the yet. The smaller ones were caught on night crawlers. The larger ones on cut skips.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nice pics verlon!! One of these days brother, one of these days, i just might be able to get up that way and do some fishing. Can't seem to find the finances to get the boat out of the yard. I did start it up last night in the yard , just to make sure she would still run!!!!

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Top, congratulations to your daughter on her PB. Sounds like ya'll are on the fish. After that last tournament me and Big Sam are ready to catch some blues we've never seen so many channel cat. 3 to 5 lber's everywhere:smile2:.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.