Cold War Recognition Certificate

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Aug 28, 2006.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]I posted this on the old form but there may be some new people that this would be of interest.

If you served during the time September 2, 1945 to December 26, 1991 you are eligible for a Cold War Recognition Certificate.
    It's a nice certificate suitable for framing. I have mine framed and hanging under my USAF Discharge.

Links below have more info and for a printable form that you can fill out online. You don't have to use the form but if you do, don't forget to sign it. Also send a copy of your DD214 or something to prove service time. I had lost my DD214 so I sent a copy of a billfold size DD217, Certificate Of Service. It takes a couple months to receive it so be patient.

More info

Printable Application that can be completed on computer
    [/FONT]

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Thanks Dayton for this post. I printed it off and will get it in the mail tomorrow. I used my MSN maybe they can research it and I will send a copy of my DD214:cool2:

3. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    When my Papa past away last September I was given all his military discharge documents, I also have the American Flag that was draped over his casket. Its a real honor.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    How did you get one Dayton? LOL! Was yours issued by the Kaiser? LOL!
    Thanx for the link.

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

Amy I also have all my fathers ww11 stuff and his flag. The most unique thing about the flag is that it only has 48 stars

BG you ain't right man.:big_smile:

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Hey Will. Dayton would have thought I was sick if I didn't take a shot at em! LOL! It was pretty good if I say so myself. LOL!

7. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    Thank you Dayton for sharing this important info. I don't believe my Dad has his certificate yet or even knows he can get one. He served in the USAF from 1962-82. I have been the Air Force since 2000. Only 14 years to go!!!

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yea, but the link won't do you any good, got to have more hair on the head than the face to qualify. :lol: