Cold Night Last Night on Stockton

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Army Guy, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Army Guy

Army Guy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My dad, brother and I went for a short fishing trip last night at Stockton. I only caught one 4-5lb channel drifting but it was good trip all the same. I'm certain we did not pick the "prime" fishing spot on the lake. We didn't hit the water until around 9pm and quit a little around 1am. We only had the one bite on cut shad. It was chilly tho, we busted out our heater. lol :wink:

Even though we didn't catch much. It was good trip because dad and I have been building our own custom catfish boat (90% done). Last night my brother finally got a chance to fish in it (he supplied a lot of good input on the design). We have only taken it out a hand full of times and are basically working out the kinks. (thats why we are taking short fishing trips lately)

The boat is a 19ft x 8ft Deck Boat. We designed it to fish 12 plus rods and installed a 25 gallon livewell. It is aimed at night fishing with plenty of lights and comfort features. I'll try and post a few pics on a later day/thread.

I think next time we might try Pomme De Terre. I have been having good luck on Stockton, but I'm wanting to land a big Flattie on the Terre. But hey... who has ever "actually" had a bad day fishing?

2. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I am looking forward to see this beast. Sounds like a heck of a boat.

3. Army Guy

Army Guy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I will try and take some pics this weekend. Its not completely finished... I still need to do the flooring (been thinking about Rhino lining it).

I'm really happy with the bait tank/live well... it kept shad alive for nearly a week. Some of them was injured prior to loading them in the tank... and they still survived!!!