Cold night catfishing?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by AZflats, Dec 1, 2006.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Anyone braving the cold/freezing nights to do any night time cat fishing?
    ~ I have to take a weekend off to get the xmas lights up on the house and clean up the yard, but I will hopefully be hitting the water again next week.

If you go, post how you do and most importantly, how you stay warm.

Take care and GOOD LUCK!!!

:005: :005: :005: :0a18:

2. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I know I am not brave enought to with stand the low 20's out at roosie:dribble: , and the 30's down here are bartlett:waaaht: . I might have to take a page from your book and go trolling for stripers and whites at pleasent. Too cold for me. I may end up cleaning out the boat and doing some minor electrical work, as well as an early spring cleaning, maybe get the carpets cleaned and such. Best wishes to anyone with those brass balls!!!:0a4: :0a4: :0a4:

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Maybe during the day. My buddy pulled a few not too long ago during the day. Maybe the cats are moving to different cycle?

4. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    I went out to one of the lakes here two days ago. During that time it was -2 Fahrenheit. The lakes had ICE on them. I don't know about you guys, but I can't stand outside for very long when it is that cold.

Maybe when the lakes freeze over I could go ice fishing for cats!!!! :0a18:

Its all good.

Ryan

5. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Ryan.....your post reminded me of a TV show I saw about ice fishing for catfish. It looked very cold, but they caught a lot of cats. Maybe a February outing at Lake Mary or Ashurst would work. But, you'd have to count me out. I get cold up there on a windy summer afternoon.........Rick

6. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    Ya , it's definitely over for me until next spring, I don't do well in the cold , born and raised in Phoenix

7. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Yeah I was about to get out to Roosy this weekend, until I saw that the overnight lows were in the 20's! I can't think of one thing that I despise more than the cold.

8. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Rick and all AZ Catters,

Maybe I should advertise for a Camp N Fish Gathering at Lake Mary for President's Weekend in February....Anyone interested?? :dribble:

Just kidding!!!

I think I will probably be done fishing until mid March when a couple of us will be going up to Powell to slaughter the Stripers.

Then off to the warmer lakes to fish for flatties in April and the rest of 2007.

Ryan

9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    How about trout fishing? Any of you ever chase trout in the winter? I normally desinate winter for trout and winter time blues.

10. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    We don't have any blue catfish at least, not in the lakes I fish. But definetly a yes on the trout. But in early spring when the snow starts to melt is when I will head up north for trout fishing.

11. suey

suey New Member

State:
    arizona
    its not so bad on the water this time of year on the boat in a 0 degree sleeping bag with a 40lb propane tank feeding a portable heater... its actually down right warm :big_smile:

ice fishing for cats reminds me of one time back in north dakota on lake sakakawea.... we had an ice tip up flag go up and the guy fought with him for quite some time and got him near the hole and we gaffed him but couldnt get him through the hole.....i had to run back to camp and grab a ice chipper to chip the hole out bigger....ended up being 18 lbs

suey