COLD LAST NIGHT!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by rcbbracing, Oct 8, 2009.

1. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    For months ive done nothing but dream about the big flats, big channels, and the buzzing of bait clickers. I, realizing the year is coming to a close, went out last night, even though i had to work this morning. I plan to do it again also. BUT the purpose of this post is...has anyone realized how cold its getting at night?!? Its hard for me to sit in a chair next to my poles dreaming of these amazing things when its too cold to even sleep. :crazy: Anyone finding anything good to help stay warm out there? Have ya giving up on night fishing yet? How is everyone else handling this? Maybe im just being a wuss but the 36 degrees i experiences last night is just about cold enough for me...

2. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    i agree with you it is starting to get very cold at night and rapidly(i blame it on me getting skunked last weekend) but alas i start out fishing in the morning and stay into the night anywhere from 12-2. im going back out again saturday hope my luck will change this weekend.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont nite fish this time of year...Lets hope we get a warm spell soon, or flathead fishing is over for the year.

4. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I wear two long sleeve shirts, and a hoodie, and a skullcap now. :smile2:

5. bigcat54

bigcat54 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I usaully fish all October. I wear extreme winter gear from Cabelas and carry my heater buddy.

Chad:wink:

6. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    I dress like it's WINTER:confused2:, It mite not be WINTER, but as y'all know when you're just sitting and waiting,It feel's like it,And if the wind BLOW'S:angry:, It's even worst. Dress in many layers,Fist layer some what tight, then other layer's lose,My top layer i try to make it wool, Or good ol THINSULATE,I sware by that stuff:wink:

7. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I use these body warming pads. They also have foot and hand warmers. You take them out of the package, shake them, and in about 30 mins they are warm. The body pads get so hot that you don't want to put them directly on your skin. Just put them in your jacket or sweatshirt and they will keep you warm.

8. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    when itys this cold where are yall finding ur fish (depth) and is the flathead bite still ok or did they shut dwn? how bought the channel cats ? thax..sniper ps dave is being a wuss iam the only one of the 3 of us that can go fishing and stay awake lol:smile2:

9. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    They have those hand and feet warmers I think I might need to buy. Went out last night and the only thing cold on me was my little hands:sad2:

I was also wearing a hoodie... and a jacket on top of that and a beanie haha and I was still chilly.. now I know what to bring next time

That or I've always made a small fire in the back of where I am bank fishing at.. that keeps your a bit warmer too :big_smile:

10. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Really depends on what river.
    I've seen some nice flatheads pulled out of 3 feet of water on the GMR.
    On the Ohio River, I'm fishing anywhere from 40 - 50 feet.

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Cold weather is my favorite time to fish, give me a 4am launch, in January, and I am one happy camper!!:big_smile::roll_eyes:

12. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Some guys just dont know when the fishing is good bro:smile2:

13. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i will be out all night sat nite so i will go prepared lol, ill bring several layers of clothes and since ill be in the boat will bring the heater, its homeade, get a clean 5 gallon metal can, cut some holes in the sides, add 2-3 fire bricks in the bottom, put a small fire starter log in it and light, put the lid on and the fire starter will burn an hour or 2 and the bricks will stay warm for several hours, just dont sit directly on it unless you have something between it and yer butt, may brand ya when its cooking good, thats how i stay warm:wink: now the real question dave is did you catch anything ???

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  14. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    smokey , we had runs but no hook ups dave was to busy sleeping :smile2:

15. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Let me fair now will...i may sleep while fishing but it seems easier to sleep some at night and function the next day than hear the wife complain and me get fired from my job...Anyhow who is the one that always wants to leave when it gets cold? oh yeah thats right its you lol i guess you havent been so bad about that since we started bringing walt...you guys can just snuggle to share body warmth! HAHAHAHA:smile2:

16. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    quit being puss's i aint never cold LOL no i get cold as well despite the 300 lbs of winterlation i carry with me at all times i just do it because i love it
    like when you drink to much and swear you will never do it again then next weekend you do it again i do it to think warm and stay warm

17. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    :eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2::wink:

18. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    Dave , i see how this is gonna be lets see next weekend who stays awake and who gets cold with out there BLANKEE or SLEEPING BAG lol :smile2: if you remember i don't need a sleeping bag or a blanket to keep me on the water in sept . lol :smile2: do you remember??? its all in fun buddie no hard feelings ill still share a bank spot with ya and watch ur pole's and listen for your clicker's to go for ya while you sleep through them (REMEMBER MAY AT TOURNMENT?)a clicker running from a channel cat to your ear and i still had to shake you to wake you up?????? (I DO) lol i know how ya need ur beauty rest just rember every time you stay awake i never get a flathead run and neighter do you :wink: ......SNIPER

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  19. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Staying warm,
    ,I fish all year,, AZ,, doesn't get that cold right,, LOL
    I use a Pendleton Wool Shirt over my other 2 normal shirts,, then a fleece lined jacket.. then I put on insulated coveralls..

then,, I get in a sleeping bag rated for 0 degrees,,a big one, and I don't zip it up, just kinda tuck it in..,, Zipper is broken anyway,,,,works pretty good. Fully dressed, w/ boots on,,
    If that doesn't do it.. I throw a wool military blanket over everything,, including my head,
    '
    When the clickers go off,, looks like a chinese kite flyin contest,, but, so far so good..

If I'm on the bank, I'm usually in an anti-gravity chair.. on the boat, whatever, or however I make the bed that night,,so I can Catnap.!!!

20. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    lmao:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: SOUNDS LIKE DAVE the night i got a 22lb flathead at a MWCD lake and he almost broke an ankel trying to get out of the chair:crazy: to see how big my fish was and to get the net :smile2: see DAVE were not the only one who sleeps and gets cold lol