Cold front's and Blue Catfish

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by hd99softail69, Oct 4, 2009.

1. hd99softail69

hd99softail69 New Member

State:
    southeast ,kansas
    Just woundering if cold fronts affect blue cats ,like they do to bass? As in shuts them down for awhile.. a smaller strick zone? New to this blue cat fishing and any info would help...........Thanks

2. katsandsuds

katsandsuds New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Good question. I don't have an answer, hoping someone else will chime in. I like fishing incoming storm fronts better then any other time, but we often get cold fronts with out the storm.

The way I would attack a cold front would be to fish the deeper holes at the beginning of the front. The deeper water will provide the fish with more stable pressure and temp then the upper part of the water column. I would also expect the shad to move out and down as well. I may be completely wrong here, just my thoughts. Like always, if that pattern doesn't work, try a different pattern.

3. hd99softail69

hd99softail69 New Member

State:
    southeast ,kansas
    Thanks for your thoughts...seems like the weather is hitting here with clod fronts on thurs,or friday...and it makes it tough fishing on saturday...But I will give it a try this weekend another front coming in on thurs...have a good one........

4. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    The bigger the fish and the deeper, the less effect a change in weather will have. It does have an effect sometimes they just will not bite. Over the weekend we had a nasty cold front and the local tournament record was set so make your own conclusion. It jsut depends. On what, if you figure that out let me know.