Cold Front Wind Damage

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by nathan8372, Oct 31, 2006.

1. nathan8372

nathan8372 New Member

State:
    South Texas
    Hey Guys,

A cold front blew in a few days ago and this is what happened to my boat-house. Two giant willow trees were blown over on top of it. I was fishing off that pier one day before this happened....yikes! (see pic)

On the second picture of my nicely destroyed pier, you can see that the water level should be all the way up to the dock, making the tanks float. We have been in drought for about a year now and the river should be around 20-23 feet where it is only 14 feet now. It sucks!:sad2: (see pic)

~Nathan

Attached Files:

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Wow that is crazy,but i guess its a good thing its been dry cause if not your boat may have been totaled.

3. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    dang thats not to bad we had 1 oak and one ash tree both over 4 feet in diameter go threw barn in jan. and horses were in barn both times needless to say they wont go in it any more

4. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    WOW, that stinks man. Hope you have good insurance. Maybe you can end up with a better pier and boathouse than you had. Good luck bro

5. nathan8372

nathan8372 New Member

State:
    South Texas
    Yeah thankfully the water is low so the boat was not in its slip when the trees fell. Its amazing the damage the force caused, good thing I wasnt sitting under there holding a beer in one hand and my rod in the other.

Insurance, what insurance? LOL It's no big deal, we need to build another one anyways.

Thanks guys

~Nathan

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Those pics sort of look like one of the better homes in Louisiana - not Texas.

7. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Yeah, a few years ago we had a 60 foot water-oak fall right on the roof of one of the rooms at my house, luckly where a brick wall meets the roof though. My next-door neighbors also had a 60 footer, but right through their living room....just about everyone I know has had a tree fall into or on their house during a hurricane here in south Louisiana, mainly from tornados that spawn in the winds and tall water oaks with their weak root systems.

Good luck with your predicament, and be thankful your boat didn't get smashed also. Just be glad it hit your dock and not your house.

8. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Also about you fishing on the day before, that's pretty scary. There is a family we know and their son, who was about 18 or so, suddenly woke up in the middle of the night during Hurricane Lilly and could'nt fall back asleep for some unknown reason. He walked around his house and decided to get some food. While he was eating in the kitchen a tree about 3 feet in diameter fell through his bedroom and right onto his bed.

I'm not lying, it was totally crazy, and you KNOW that the Good Lord was definately watchin over him that night, wasn't his time to go.