Cold front coming

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Salty1, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Does anyone have any ideas on what this cold front that is supposed to come in tomorrow will do to the catfish ??? I have a oppurtunity to get on a boat this weekend at Taylorsville Lake:big_smile: and was wondering if the front would cause the cats to feed. Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    It could possibly turn them on

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Yep, It'd definitely be worth a try. Definitely can't get any worse, at least around here.:roll_eyes::smile2:

4. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Doesnt a front usually turn them on ??????

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'd say in normal years, yes. This year has been far from normal in this part of KY. We've tried everything this year but they just haven't cooperated. My thinking with this cold front pushing through and the temps dropping to the 30's and 40's at night they will start feeding up for winter. At least thats what I'm hoping. I don't know whats wrong with them, maybe too many baitfish for them to feed on. I've been catching skippies in areas that I'd never thought they would be also. Its been a weird year for sure.
    Biggest cat I've caught this year was right at 8#'s. I had a monster hooked a few weeks ago that I couldn't get to come up off the bottom and couldn't gain an inch on. I fought him for a few minutes until the hook popped out. That was the only decent big fish I've had hooked all year.

6. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    nice catfish good job:smile2:

7. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    It has to do something good , it cant get any worse than what it is now.:confused2:

8. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    for sure-only thing worse is not going:sad2:

9. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    My experience is that while its moving in the fishin is hot but once it has moved in you might as well go home. Just my experience though. Cant catch them from the couch!:wink::smile2:

10. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I don't know what it's gonna do to the fish. But, I can tell ya' what it's doin to me. My toes are freezin. I'm sittin here at the puter in a houserobe and tennis shoes !

11. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    The Blues should turn on . They will feed all the way thru winter . Have heard the dnr has tagged blues uo to 30 in. there . I think some blues have been caught up to 20lbs. there . The cold also creates a Shad die off which also helps fishing as long as it gets cold enough . Good luck !