Cold Fishing Trip

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by FlatheadDreaming, Dec 5, 2009.

1. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    Went fishing lastnight with Scotty and Chris. Boy did it get cold!!!!! The shad were freezing to the cutting board before we could get them all cut up and put on the hook. Are net kept freezing to the boat and everytime we would reel in a pole we had to clean the ice off the guides and the line. Needless to say we still caught fish. Biggest was around 30, had a few 20's one around 15, and a few more around 5. We also had a few throwbacks. Will post some picks later going to bed!

2. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    bring on the pics after you get some rest!

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Morris i bet while catching the fish you warmed up a little didn,t you :wink::smile2:

4. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice job guys! I had a work banquet last night or I would have headed down with you guys. Leaving in a while to go to the lake house, think I have a date so might not make it fishing. Chris

5. westman407

westman407 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just curious how deep were you fishing and I am guessing it was a lake? Just not sure about how to catch the big fish during cold water...

6. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    Scott posted the pics under the guide post. So if you wanna see them go there to check them out. We were fishing on the river, the depth varied but Being on the river im guessing we never fished a spot over 30 ft deep.