Cold enough for ya??

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by center12, Feb 17, 2006.

1. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Man this cold snap sure took the urge to get on the water out of me!!! Looks like it's about 14 degree's here this morning.................maybe I'll go ice fishing soon:crying:

I'm on my 7 off and hate to waste away days but this looks like a stay in and daydream type of day!!

2. fishoutloud

fishoutloud New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Didn't ya' do some snow goose hunting last year about this time? Your pic sure has changed from then. That must be the big flat you got up on the wakie last year. Great fish man!!

3. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    It is 12deg here this am , forecast for 0 tonight.

4. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    fishoutloud, have we meet?? Cousin is trying to talk me into going goose hunting this afternoon, will probably stay in the house though.........it's COLD!!!

Flathead was caught out on the main body, closer to coon creek than anyplace else.

5. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    It's only going down to 10 F here tonight, But No fishing for me. I need a little fishing booth over at my pond at least. fire up the coleman heater, set my poles and sit and watch the cold. Enjoy your week end,
    Jay

6. fishoutloud

fishoutloud New Member

State:
    Kansas
    center12 - On the old boc forum. caught alot of your posts last year. I've just been on the new site for a week or so. By the way I see you work for a h20 treatment plant- is this for sewer treatment or drinking water? The reason I ask is I used to work for an excavating comp. out of douglas county and thought by chance we may know some of the same people. Have you ever heard of E4 excavating? By the way, I think you posted about maybe wanting to fish some tourneys this year but there was something about no live well on your boat(at least I think it was you). I'm planning on fishing most the Kansas acats tourneys this year. I fished a couple other tourney last year and didn't get any time to prefish any of the lakes but this year will be diffrent. When the time comes to do that I'll probably be fishing by myself so they'll be room in the boat for somebody else. I'll post before I plan to go and let me know if you want to meet up to fish. First lake will be Hillsdale and I'll probable try to go 3-25 and 4-1 to try to find some productive water. The tourney there is on 4-8.

7. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yea Im stayin in letting my cabin fever get worse, just looked at the weather its 4 outside with windchill at -11, today the high is 17 tonight the low is 0 and tomarrow the high is 27. Definately not going to be out on the river in this. Hopefully be out for the first time this year this weekend.

8. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    Its 1 below with a wind chill of 17 below here right now!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    fishoutloud, man you've got a heck of a memory!! I have a tag around my neck with my name and address on it so I can make it home everyday:)

I work on the cleanwater side, so I doubt we've meet..........though I'm not above meeting you for a little fishing this summer.

I'm pretty sure I've picked up a partner for the acats tournaments this year. I'm going to be able to pre-fish the first 4 events, I'm thinking maybe we need to put our noggin's together and see if we can make this season enjoyable for both teams..............info share????? Figure we'll use a decoybag "livewell", at least till the lakes get too hot, then figure I'm out of the game.

PM your phone# and I'll give ya a yell..........if you interested. Charlie

10. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    It's colder than a well diggger's butt here so I guess I'll just do what I always do when it's real cold..............head for CABELA'S;)

11. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I agree joesf, way to cold today. I think I know what the sf stands for. I use to fill the vending machines at the corp offices years ago if this is correct. Have a good day all and stay warm if at all possible.

12. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    31 here right now in tx and a lil snow startin ta fall. lol was 85 here 2 days ago!

13. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I had to break my dog off the fire hydrant this morning.

14. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    This morning at 7:eek:oAM it was 18.7
    BRRRRR! We missed our winter this year. Guess we're making up for it now?

15. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Man getting up to 10 with wind chill at 0 is just not right for fishing so maybe I'll stay in here to run the site today. Put a log on the fire and talk with the brotherhood today.

16. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Thats a good one almost spit oatmeal all over the computer :)

17. fishoutloud

fishoutloud New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Maybe there is a bright side to this cold spell we've had. should make for some good winter kill fishing shortly!:) :)

18. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    If the Wipers haven't eaten all the shad out of Clinton there may be some dead ones drifting around:)

19. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Beautiful day today and it's supposed to be nicer tomorrow. I'm off work, the wife isn't and the kids in school..............think I need to go see if any Clinton cats re up basking in the sun:)

Dang I'm ready for spring.

20. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Looks like a change of plans.................picking up a pair of KU tickets tomorrow in topeka for the game against Baylor tomorrow night!! Guess I'll go check and see if Dick's has anything on sale.