Cold day!

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cattracker13, Dec 27, 2009.

1. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Went to Old Hickory this afternoon. The fish were bitting. Caught 2 small channels and finally got a big hit from a decent size fish. Got him half way in and lost it. The wind was brutal. Ran out of bait just before dark and called it a day. Went through $20 worth of hooks and weights because of all the snags. Still had fun. They were bitting!!

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      27.5 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      42 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      39.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Were you using skipjack? Could've been a striper.

3. festus

festus New Member

It was windy up this way, but not as cold as it seemed. In the low 50's but felt like 30's. It would have been worth it to me to just be out there. Is that an Ugly Stick you have there, John?

4. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    yep. and a wal mart Tidewater baitcaster. Not a bad reel for $36.00. I want a new ambassador. I loved being out there even in the cold/wind.

5. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Go to Bass Pro, they make a reel that is almost identical to the Ambassador for I think $30.00. I bought two of them and love em. They are hanging on a rack across from thr reel hut.

6. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    Don you talking about the mega cast? Yellow metal one? I was looking at em but the reviews on the web steered me towards the Tidewater. I havent got to use it yet but am looking forward to it.

7. festus

festus New Member

Yeah, I'm headed to the BPS in Sevierville and am gonna check out everything they have. I'm looking at the gold MegaCast reel right now in the catalog, and it's $29.99. The small one weighs 9.7 oz, holds 200 yds of 12 lb test. The larger one is 10.4 oz, holds 200 yds of 16 lb. test. They both have clickers. You can buy the combo with either a 6'M rod, a 6'6"M rod, or a 6'6"MH rod. The rods are IM-6 graphite. Well, they look good for maybe a bass or walleye outfit, or maybe light striper and light catfishing. I use my Ambassadeur 5500 C for this type of fishing, but if I were in the market for an outfit that size, I might consider it.

8. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn

Yes that is the one, I like mine.

9. festus

festus New Member

Cattracker, I sent you a PM but it didn't get to you because it says your mailbox is full. It's an answer about the Tidewater reels.