Cold Cats on The Chickamauga

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by rsimms, Mar 9, 2008.

1. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ventured onto Chickamauga Lake with Eric Maurer (EricM) today. It was a very cold start, but no wind so it actually turned out beautiful. The fish were finicky... we had to work for 'em. But if anybody knows how to "work 'em," it is EricM. We managed eleven cats total... we both missed several "thump and run's." Of course EricM had me five-to-one for a while (he was counting, not me <grin> ). Later in the day I think he either quit baiting his hook, or he quit given 'em the EricM "touch" because he let me catch up.It was a fun day even though we never got "the big bite." We did see some other gentlemen land a 30 lber. and another one that probably broke 20... so the big ones are there if you put your hook in the right place. Life is good and gettin' better every day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    congrats! looks like it was an awsome day...nice catch:big_smile:

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Thanks for the report richard. I know if there are any cats hitting at all you two can get them. Its fun fishing with either one of you two. Eric just was thinking and wondering where the smell was since you were in your boat.:smile2:

4. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Thanks for the report and pics Richard.

5. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Those are Great pics Richard! Thanks!:wink:

6. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    great story you wrote in TN Wildlife featuring Eric and all his TARP fish. Thanks for supporting catfishing

7. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Good to see you and Eric get the cats. Thanks for the report.

8. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Good post and thanks for the information Richard. I look forward to seeing you at the gathering in April.