cold at night

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by luckey wade, Nov 6, 2007.

1. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    its getting cold out at night!
    wife say s great you are done!
    i say maybe try the after noon.
    might even get a tent for the boat!
    brea says im nuts !!!!!

2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    The only such thing as done is when it ices over, but not enough to walk on.

I used to think done, then one sunny January day, me and the boys got bored with sitting inside drinking beer and went to the lake to build a bonfire and drink beer. Of course, if you go to the lake you just gotta take a rod.... The fish were willing, and the beer was almost forgotten.

Many a case of frostbite later, it has become a tradition and after a few folks saw us catching fish down there, we now find ourselves with competition for the best spots on all but the coldest days.

Crappie mostly, but if the water comes up just a bit, we catch nice Channel cats in the shallow creek channels.

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Down here I havent seen much of a bite at night, seems to be early morning and through the day. Some protection would still be nice since it is gettin cold already..

4. impak209

impak209 New Member

State:
    Toledo, Ohio, U
    yes mostly is pre dawn or predusk mostly blues and perch for me I have'nt had a channel in a bout a month I figure the cold has gottn to them. I think its about time fro me to wait for the ice to set in good'n thick!

5. O2Bfishing

O2Bfishing New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    FROST on the pumkins last nite -

6. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    not to bad just slow fishing cold toes!