Cold and windy Saturday Night

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by beeheck, Jun 11, 2006.

1. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    We went out Saturday night to some local water here around Sioux City and caught 16 we kept and a few thrown back. We tried to sort them for eggs but missed a couple and they were full of eggs. Wasn't that bad out there but we had enough jackets on, it could of been March. Had to catch a fish so we could handle it to warm our hands up. lol Some mist/rain and lots of fog but it was fun. Stayed out 'till about 1:30am, with the heavy cloud cover the lake was lit up from reflection from the local power plant. Fun.
    OH, yeah, size... smallest maybe 1.5 lbs and the largest maybe 3 lbs that weren't kept.

2. cathunter28

cathunter28 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i was also out on saterday night on the river in adel. iwent up river about 1/4 mile and tied the boat up on the bank. the bank was high so it keep alot of the wind off of use. we had alot of hits lots 2 and landed 2 1 was 1 1/2 lbs flathead and the other was a 3lbs channle. i was fishing in the contest that was for winterset, the bigest fish that won was 11lbs. it wasent all that good of a night for fishing but it was fun. we hit the water at 8 p.m and got off the water at 7:30 a.m. it was funny that all week it was nice then come the fishing contest it is cold and then sunday it was even a little beter. that is ok i have another one coming next mounth so hope fully it is better weather . as for the clothing i had on longjohns 2 long sleve sherts and my inslated bibs.:0a18:

3. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mike, good to hear ya had some bites and caught a couple, even though they weren't the ones you were looking for. I really wanted to make it but just had too many irons in the fire. The Fire Dept., I belong to was serving breafast Sat. and Sun. and supper on Sat. night, so I knew I wouldnt get time to go. Keep me in mind for next yr. If you're ever looking for new water and get over this way, give me a shout. Thanks for faxing me the Tourney App. Stan

4. cathunter28

cathunter28 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i know all about the fire dep. stuff use to be on here in town till work got in the way. i will let you know about anyothers coming up and there is on the first weekend july it is 20$ for bigest fish or 30$ for bigest fish and bigest stringer. i am going for both i work first shift both days but i am going to go after work i am going to take my wife out with me she likes to fish for the flattys to after i took her to the river the first time me meet.but i will keep you in the loop

5. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Thanks for the reports guys. Nice to hear from u all.
    Danny J