Cold and rainy lately, anybody been out?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by JakeW, Sep 23, 2006.

1. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    okay, so the last thread i made was "hot out, anybody had any luck?" now, if anybody has left the house or looked out the window in the past 3 weeks, the weather has changed alot. good old nebraska weather. unfortunatley, this prevents my lazy ass from goin out and fishing, and i was wondering if anybody tougher than me, has gone out to brave the rain-showers, the wind, and down right cold weather? i know the spot at the elkhorn river that i had all the luck, is, well, its gone due to the rain. i would like to know if anybody has had anyluck. let me know. thanks ya'll. jake

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    the weather has change went out thursday cought 2 small one the water temp has went way down went from 86to 76 in 2 weeksnot good on the fishing hope you have better luck

3. Juggernaut

Juggernaut New Member

State:
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Well, yes, we have been out fishing quite a bit on the Missouri. We had great luck all thru September. Unfortunately, we cant get our boat on the River now. They have that sucker soooo low. (We fish out of our ski boat for now, until we get a John boat). We are having some fishing withdrawl lately. But, we did hang out on the river on those very cold days. My fingers were numb by the end of the day. I hear the fishing is really picking up. WE have notice quite a few flat bottom boats out at night lately. We hope to join them soon. Good Luck!!

4. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I've been out crappie fishing. I love the cold nasty weather and so do the fish. I've been out when my line freezes to the eyes of my poles-but the fish don't mind-they bite anyways!

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Been out everyday this week except today. Didn't have a whole lot of luck.Caught a couple small Channels and yesterday caughta Drum,Perch what ever you wish to call them ,it was the biggest thing I caught. It weighed 7.5 lbs. turned it loose to fight another day. don't have a boat so have to do mine all from the bank. Geton out there it's not that cold yet.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.

Just want to WELCOME you to the BOC. Your gonna find out that this is a great place to hang out.
    AGAIN WELCOME!!