Coffey County Lake Info?

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by lakeith, Aug 10, 2009.

1. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    Anybody been lately? Was wondering if they are letting people on w/ regularty or if terror threats, shutdowns are slowing traffic on the lake? Oh yeah, how's the fishing?

2. channelin

channelin New Member

State:
    Baldwin City Kansas
    I have not been this year yet but It is one of my favorite lakes to fish for multiple species of fish!

3. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    I'm off work fri. and taking my 6yr old out on the boat. I think i'm gonna hit a old reliable farm pond then try my luck on Coffey or Melvern.

Thanks

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Josh wish you the best of luck. Get out there an catch some, then post up an update an maybe some pic's if ya can.

5. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    Here's a little report on the lake: Got on the water about 2pm and took a little advice that was offered by the guards at the lake and found some Smallmouth bass. I had my 6yr old son and we ended up catching 8 or 9 Smallies w/ the largest one going 18". A couple of things about the lake the water gets pretty choppy and even though it's 60' feet at one area, there's alot of shallow water too. As most people know it has a pretty restrictive creel limit w/ a person only being able to keep 2 smallies-slot protected @ 16-20" and 2 crappie over 14" respectively.