Coffeeville dam

Discussion in 'ALABAMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by whitewhiskers, Jan 6, 2007.

1. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    anybody fish around there? any info would help or maybe hookup with someone. i think i'm goin to Thomasville to work for a couple months n may be stayin at Service park campground.

2. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Gerg,
    Never fish there but stayed there a couple of nights while doing some research on family history.
    My mother was born in Sweetwater Alabama fourteen miles North of Thomasville.
    Anyway what I wanted to tell you is there is a catfish house about 10 miles west of Dixionmills Al.off county road 10 Go West on 10 untill you cross the river once off the bridge hang a right its right on the river....Good Catfish, all yu can eat.
    Its worth the trip...Place is called Ezeles.

3. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    thanks john, i'll mark that down as one of the first targets to hit when i get there.

4. KatKaller

KatKaller New Member

State:
    Alabama
    There's good fishng there. I doubt though you will find any partners on here, because I doubt anyone in the T-ville, Sweetwater, Grovehill area has the internet yet. LOL (I can say this because I grew up not far away from there):big_smile:

The good news is there is plenty of water. To the east you have the Alabama River and to the west the Tombigbee River, either way you can be fishing in 10-15 miles.

5. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    My Great Grandmother is burried in a little cemetary in Dixionsmill.
    The story is that her father was a French trapper and her Mother was Indian.
    I have done lots of investigating.
    To this day I only know her by her name that is on her gravestone Manassas Philips.
    Seems to me she just brushed all the clues away.
    Have to go backup there and do some more looking.

6. catfishdaddyengineering

catfishdaddyengineering New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I live in Millbrook, close to Montgomery, but my wife's parents live not far from Coffeeville. Her dad goes to the dam all the time. To get on the bottom side of the dam, you have to go south on Hwy 43, then take Hwy 84 west into Coffeeville. Once you come into town, you go past a school on your left, then a couple gas stations. Right before you get to the bridge crossing the river, you turn on a dirt road to the right. This takes you down to a boat ramp that you pay like $3 to launch. A store sells supplies, but the best way to get bait is with a throw net at or in the bottom of the lock. See the thread http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17148 for some pictures of fish caught at the dam.

Arthur

7. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    nice cats Arther, its lookin real good as far as me goin down there, talked to my buddy n we are workin out the details as far as campin there at service park. I hope i'll be there n setup by the first week of feb. my cell # is 812 309 3809 gimmi a holler maybe we can "hookup" i'll be dragin my boat n i talked to the lady at the camp she said there was a bayu in front of my campsite so i can hop right in the boat, now all i gotta do is have some time off to fish!