Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey fellas,
I talked to a guy yesterday that I used to fish with, he says that him and some friends had a good night at Coffeen a couple weeks ago. Supposedly they caught 13 flatheads, biggest one 44lbs., total weight of 300lbs. Now, I believe the 13 fish, the 44lbs., but I'm not sure about the 300lbs. I'm going to talk to this guy's brother who tends to be a bit more reliable on the story telling. I know they catch alot of catfish so it could be true. Maybe Coffeen is going to turn on. If so you better hold on to your rods.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The big flats are starting to bite in coffeen. Caught a lot of 8-20# earlier but they are starting to get into the 40# range now. The pic I will try to attach was around 40. Didn't want to take him out of the lake but he tried to deplete my alcohol supply. BAD FISH. Holler at me chuck. I'm ready to fish, my house is done, i have spare time!!

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Some guy at the ramp told me they were catching them by floating bluegill in the backs of coves but out away from the vegetation. How did you get yours?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.