Coffeen Lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Chuckb, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    Fishing at coffeen is still very good. Caught about 20 channels last night 2# - 5#s.

2. buzz crackstock

buzz crackstock New Member

State:
    Springfield, IL
    been wantin to make it over there. did you try for any flats? was wonderin what the water temp has been.

3. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Chuck, How are you fishin' for um there

4. Butchy

Butchy New Member

State:
    Rock Falls, IL
    Hey fellas,
    I talked to a guy yesterday that I used to fish with, he says that him and some friends had a good night at Coffeen a couple weeks ago. Supposedly they caught 13 flatheads, biggest one 44lbs., total weight of 300lbs. Now, I believe the 13 fish, the 44lbs., but I'm not sure about the 300lbs. I'm going to talk to this guy's brother who tends to be a bit more reliable on the story telling. I know they catch alot of catfish so it could be true. Maybe Coffeen is going to turn on. If so you better hold on to your rods.

5. ultima_cat_man

ultima_cat_man New Member

State:
    granite city, ill
    there have been tons of flats caught at coffeen this year, im going one day this weekend to fish, i hope to catch a big one,, tim

6. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    I drift fish usually. went Saturday night all night had 40 hooks in the water and only caught 3 small fish! NO Flatheads at all. :cursing:

7. ultima_cat_man

ultima_cat_man New Member

State:
    granite city, ill
    my buddie and i went saturday morning till about 2 in the afternoon and caught 18 fish biggest being 4 pounds, nothing big but had fun, tim

8. lookinfurabiggun

lookinfurabiggun New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It is a great lake I have went out with my dad many times and we usually do very well.

9. justaddmidget

justaddmidget New Member

State:
    alhambra, il
    The big flats are starting to bite in coffeen. Caught a lot of 8-20# earlier but they are starting to get into the 40# range now. The pic I will try to attach was around 40. Didn't want to take him out of the lake but he tried to deplete my alcohol supply. BAD FISH. Holler at me chuck. I'm ready to fish, my house is done, i have spare time!!

Attached Files:

10. Butchy

Butchy New Member

State:
    Rock Falls, IL
    Some guy at the ramp told me they were catching them by floating bluegill in the backs of coves but out away from the vegetation. How did you get yours?

11. justaddmidget

justaddmidget New Member

State:
    alhambra, il
    Matter of fact I might have been the person you talked to!!