Coffeen, Kaskaskia @ Vandalia, Sangchris

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishnfwl, Aug 16, 2007.

1. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Who fishes these spots if any one?

2. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kaskaskia South of Vandalia is an ole friend. Live Bluegill and Huge drifts make for some entertaining nights.. Never been North.

Sangcrist is one of our Home Lakes . Spend quite a bit of time there Year round.

How can I help?

R Green

Duckpoor

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Oh, thats pretty much what we fish, have not been to Sangchris since late march, april, Coffeen is so Hot and low, just thought about running up to Sang, one of these evenings, any report from there would be grateful, Maybe a lesson or two down the road, :smile2: I'm always willing to learn a new trick or three.
    Randy

4. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well its slow round here too. But a "Hot" flash says the 104 bridge South on the east arm has given up some dandy Flats if there is even a hint of current . Close to the concrete with Big shinners.
    Floating bluegill on the Rip Rap at the spillway and east of there after dark had been productive.
    Haven't heard of a Main lake drift doing much but the deep holes where the water is cooler is the best bet for channels.

Good luck and get after them.

5. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Sangchris is the main lake I fish... Taint been out there since I Posted about it being a hot tub.. I need to get out there and use the info Ron (Duckpoor) posted :big_smile:... Won't be much longer and the fall bite will turn on, and that damn face should be a hot spot :wink:

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    well the wife and Daughter took a run by the ramp at Coffeen last evening, let me tell ya, the Floating ramps are setting on Dry Ground!!!!! She said that the water line was about Her hand (5"?) from the edge of the ramp end :crazy: THERE WAS one truck/trailer in the lot, she said it was a small trailer like a canoe rack??? There are usually at least 8-10+Vehicles in the lot at most any time yer there , they never post it as being closed, the fella said that is because the canoe/yak folks can still use it...... Just check before ya waist a drive if any one has thought of heading there, The Lake DNR office number is 217-537-3351........ C'mon RAIN!!!

7. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I fished below the dam in Shelbyville for years the lake ruined the upper part with dam and also took our farm. I will never forgive the Corps of Idiots!!!:angry:

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well buddy I HOPE THE "current" and info holds out, we are gonna give it a whirl in the a.m. see if'n we can get any cooperation...Thanks

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent