COFFEE ANYONE?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by don3778, Jan 25, 2008.

1. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill

The happiest people don't have the best of everything -- they just make the best of everything they have.A group of alumni, all highly established in their respective careers, got together for a visit with their old university professor. The conversation soon turned to complaints about the endless stress of work, and life in general. Offering his guests coffee, the professor went into the kitchen and soon returned with a large pot of coffee and an eclectic assortment of cups: porcelain, plastic, glass, crystal -- some plain, some expensive, some quite exquisite. Quietly he told them to help themselves to some fresh coffee. When each of his former students had a cup of coffee in hand, the old professor quietly cleared his throat and began to patiently address the small gathering. ''You may have noticed that all of the nicer looking cups were taken up first, leaving behind the plainer and cheaper ones. While it is only natural for you to want only the best for yourselves, that is actually the source of much of your stress-related problems. He continued, ''Be assured that the cup itself adds no quality to the coffee. In fact, the cup merely disguises or dresses up what we drink. What each of you really wanted was coffee, not a cup, but you instinctively went for the best cups. Then you began eyeing each other's cups.''''Now consider this: Life is coffee. Jobs, money, and position in society are merely cups They are just tools to shape and contain Life, and the type of cup we have does not truly define nor change the quality of the Life we live. Often, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee that God has provided us. God brews the coffee, but he does not supply the cups. Enjoy your coffee! 'The happiest people don't have the best of everything -- they just make the best of everything they have. So please remember: Live simply. Love generously. Care Deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God!

2. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'll take mine in a Styrofoam cup with french vanilla creamer and sugar please.:smile2: Can I get that ASAP cause I gotta get to school for an Employment Seminar!:sad2:

3. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Just the way I like mine, two cups of coffee with french vanilla and sugar coming right up!

don3778

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ill drink my pot of coffee black and I dont care about the cup

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thank You Don,I Needed to read that this morning. God Bless J.D.:wink:

6. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS

Hey waiter, I'll have what they're having please. And hopefully we can enjoy drinking it with good company.:roll_eyes:

7. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Nothing beats a good cup of coffee on a cold morning. I'll take mine black and any cup will do.:cool2:

8. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Folks in my boredom I try ed adding a little vanilla extract to a cup with sugar and milk. Hey it was just like that French vanilla capicheno stuff at the gas station. lol I got the idea because my wife got some little creamers that were hazelnut. Hey them things were good.

I regularly add Hersey's syrup to my coffee. And if I want to splurge, I get some 1/2 and 1/2 at the store.

A good cup of coffee is great. Right now it's -5, I'm going to get another cup.

9. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Ah the cup. I desire a BIG cup, please. I don't care what it looks like, long as I don't have to make a return trip to the pot for at least 10 minutes.

10. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Don, reading your excellent post is a great way to start the morning off before having my coffee. :big_smile:

12. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    God brews the coffee. He also puts some grounds in there to. What ya supposed to do in polite company, spit them out or swallow them?

Personally my brew has some hops in it. I don't care what kind of cup it is in.

13. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    The Almighty is now brewing coffee and maybe my green tea. I am at a loss of words to say anymore.

14. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    ever once in a while ill take a little irish whiskey or brandy in my coffee other than that i want it black.cold coffee is better than no coffee.

15. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i luv coffee. all kinds all ways all days. most of my cups were ahem "borrowed" from other ppl. with the exception of the gas station styrofoam cup that helps guide me to work in the morning. i do have one that is special to me.

it has a green background with the black silouete of several fish on it. when you fill it with hot coffee (and maybe some of that irish whiskey) the fish turn into very bright colorful fish on a coral reef. i wonder what im disguising?

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I don't even drink coffee other than at work. Here I drink it all day in a styrafoam cup black with no cream or sugar much less any of that fancy stuff the guy's around here have started putting in it.

17. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    i drink my coffee out of just a plane black mug i got as a gift years ago, The type of coffee i put in is a diffrent story, like life the type of coffee changes as i get older i find the stronger dark blends fit my life style best, When i was younger i like strong coffee with lots of sugar and cream. but over the years i have learned to savor the flavor of my coffee not needing all the extras stuff, the smell of my coffee the warm feel of the cup on a cold morning and the enjoyment of just sitting back and enjoying each sip i have left in my cup.

18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great post! I love drinking my coffee black when I get up in the mornings. Helps the day go better...:wink::big_smile:

19. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I have to have mine black and just plain ol coffee, I like to read BOC post with my first cup

20. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    Hang the I.V. and tap a vein,hot,cold,black or light I just need COFFEE!!!!!!!!