cofeen lake

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by catfisherman369, Feb 21, 2008.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I had to go to up near cofeen and noticed the power plant out there
    anyone know about the lake
    i wouldnt mind fishing it this year
    any pointers will be great

2. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    if you go to lakes part in the forum you see alot of good info and hope to see you out there?:0a25:

3. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Coffeen is a good place to fish. Nice channel, big flathead and if you like to catch bass, they are everywhere. Has some nice stripers, also. Plenty of shore fishing available and good ramps when the water level is close to normal pool. Lake level has improved but still about 6ft low. Lake is open 24hrs a day. Jug fishing is allowed but must be attended. Several of the Illinois BOC members fish this lake so finding someone to fish with or gather information should not be a problem. Good Luck

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    What DanO said,,,,,,,,,,,,, 14 miles out the back door. Also has a 25 HP limit, so it is a fisherman's lake, no LOOK at my New Jet ski crap! LOL

5. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    fun fishing,great lake lay out,when water is up ,it has wonderful cover for fish.great channel cat population,BIG Flat Head.Trust me.good crappie.Bass.NO Blues:sad2:.it would be nice if there were.the flat head are very strong,healthy.I know,I know the brothers in here r thinking,is this the only lake this guy talks about?LOL.its just a fun lake.Well hope ya have fun.

6. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    oh yea,nice striper as well.:big_smile:

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Shhhhhhhhhh! :wink: :big_smile:

8. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    I plan on hitting Coffeen Lake Friday night and all day Saturday. If anyone is interested, give me a call. Leave a message, phone service on the lake very hit and miss. I will try to check phone frequently. See my profile for #. Have fun and be safe this weekend.

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Good Luck Dan, Hope ya stick a pig! Heading to KC, Mo. Tomorrow or I would join ya, oh just a side note, if you know where the south pipe is at the trussle, there were some nice sweeps on the graph and a ton of bait a few days ago, 1 small flat cooperated with the boat partner (maybe 6#) and several missed hook-ups, all on big shad, the drainage ditch there in front of the plant had a little water running out of it and the shad were stacked up in front about 30 feet out on the shelf edge and about 10 feet deep. With the sun being out they should still be there I would guess, 2 nets and had plenty of 3-6" shad. Need 3 good days to get the camper pulled over and set for the year :wink:

10. jimmer

jimmer New Member

State:
    illinois
    going to try cofeen tommorrow anyone got advice on bass or catfishig never been heard lake is way

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Welcome James! You in a boat? If so and you are not familiar with Coffeen, be CAREFUL at the ramp it is bad low, been several drop offs lately! As far as Bass, any and all of the points are good, right now I would start with a jig set up myself, some type of plastic, carolina or texas rigged.... After the sun hits it a bit spinner bait, rattle trap, various crank baits are all good! Good Luck let us know hoe ya do......

12. jimmer

jimmer New Member

State:
    illinois
    hi randy
    i have bass boat so trolling only 4 me.i usually like to use live shad any good spots to catch some.

13. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Above post that was as of a few days ago, but depending on what this SNOW FALL we are getting now does :eek:oooh: I usually have good luck finding them straight across from ramp cove to the plant side, if you look there is a little drainage ditch by a small set back mark that shelf out about 30 feet or so and there are usually some on that drop. Up in the ditch along the rip-rap if the wind is out of the W,NW,SW....usually keeps some along the dam area. and down by the trestle if not to windy you can usually sink a net and get some there. Good Luck! All else catch a few gills, Striper have been turning on a bit in the mornings (past 2 days) according to the neighbor.........

You close by there living? Fish it much?

14. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    we will be at coffeen today around 200 or so maybe we will see you out there brother:smile2: