CoCoa Beach FL.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by whiteriverbigcats, Feb 29, 2008.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey all im in FL. I will finnally see the ocean for the first time.... I flew in last night. got on the ground at Orlando about 7:30... This is another goal i had and its being met... this is just to awsome... post pics when i get home or tomm night.. who knows.. IM IN FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Shane, it says you are in Cocoa Beach. If you can, make it over to the Kennedy Space Center, it is nice. If you put your rods on the plane, try port Jetty State Park in Port Canaveral. I havent fished there in 30 years but had a blast there when I was a kid.

BTW, it's snowing here! :angry:

Have a wonderful trip.

3. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I would also suggest if fishing is in your plans hit either the Indian River or Banana River one of the best places is where the bridge connects Merrit Island and Titusville. The big dragon statue is realy cool to look at while fishing also.

I spent 1 year in that area when I was a kid and I fished all but maybe 3-4 days the whole time I lived there.

4. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    My dad use to take me in the glades to fish.
    Bill

5. brewfish

brewfish New Member

State:
    fl
    Jerry, that's funny as heck! I've fished that very same area quite a few times. There are some nice little honey holes around there for mangrove snapper & speckeled trout. Mhhhh fresh fish sandwiches suddenly come to mind.:0a32:

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    hey bro, have a great time down there! say hi to geenie for me if you see her. lol

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Merritt Island, Florida - summer of 1979. Reminds me of boot camp (not for the military :smile2:), but that's another story. Maybe I'll chime in on the memories of boot camp thread Mac started.......

Never had the chance to fish while I was there, hope you do Shane! Also, we had the choice to go to Cocoa Beach (the beach itself) OR the Kennedy Space Center. Dummy that I was at 16, I went to the beach :crazy:! Oh, and Disneyworld :wink:.

Have a terrific time in Florida buddy! :cool2:

8. brewfish

brewfish New Member

State:
    fl
    I almost forgot to mention that bike week starts today in and around the daytona beach area. If that's your thing it's an easy drive from there to daytona.

9. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the info.. I was at Kennedy Space Center yesterday and i saw what you was talking about fishing there by Merrit island... I saw a Dolphin swimming in its nature habitat near there yesterday.. I plan on fishing today and surfing.. So im hopeing that like the waves are tubular taday dude... I was like no way.. but they were like yes way.. Later Dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah... Bike week... Planed on that too

10. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    In my opinion that part of Florida is one of the greatest places to visit or live.I have watched manatees and dolphins while I fished.Used to have an old Heron we called Henry came around anytime we were fishing and we would feed him some of the Spots that we would catch.

Sounds like your having alot of fun.