Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all im in FL. I will finnally see the ocean for the first time.... I flew in last night. got on the ground at Orlando about 7:30... This is another goal i had and its being met... this is just to awsome... post pics when i get home or tomm night.. who knows.. IM IN FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Shane, it says you are in Cocoa Beach. If you can, make it over to the Kennedy Space Center, it is nice. If you put your rods on the plane, try port Jetty State Park in Port Canaveral. I havent fished there in 30 years but had a blast there when I was a kid.

BTW, it's snowing here! :angry:

Have a wonderful trip.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I would also suggest if fishing is in your plans hit either the Indian River or Banana River one of the best places is where the bridge connects Merrit Island and Titusville. The big dragon statue is realy cool to look at while fishing also.

I spent 1 year in that area when I was a kid and I fished all but maybe 3-4 days the whole time I lived there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Jerry, that's funny as heck! I've fished that very same area quite a few times. There are some nice little honey holes around there for mangrove snapper & speckeled trout. Mhhhh fresh fish sandwiches suddenly come to mind.:0a32:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
hey bro, have a great time down there! say hi to geenie for me if you see her. lol

·
Registered
13,057 Posts
I would also suggest if fishing is in your plans hit either the Indian River or Banana River one of the best places is where the bridge connects Merrit Island and Titusville. The big dragon statue is realy cool to look at while fishing also.

I spent 1 year in that area when I was a kid and I fished all but maybe 3-4 days the whole time I lived there.
Merritt Island, Florida - summer of 1979. Reminds me of boot camp (not for the military :smile2:), but that's another story. Maybe I'll chime in on the memories of boot camp thread Mac started.......

Never had the chance to fish while I was there, hope you do Shane! Also, we had the choice to go to Cocoa Beach (the beach itself) OR the Kennedy Space Center. Dummy that I was at 16, I went to the beach :crazy:! Oh, and Disneyworld :wink:.

Have a terrific time in Florida buddy! :cool2:

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info.. I was at Kennedy Space Center yesterday and i saw what you was talking about fishing there by Merrit island... I saw a Dolphin swimming in its nature habitat near there yesterday.. I plan on fishing today and surfing.. So im hopeing that like the waves are tubular taday dude... I was like no way.. but they were like yes way.. Later Dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah... Bike week... Planed on that too

·
Registered
882 Posts
In my opinion that part of Florida is one of the greatest places to visit or live.I have watched manatees and dolphins while I fished.Used to have an old Heron we called Henry came around anytime we were fishing and we would feed him some of the Spots that we would catch.

Sounds like your having alot of fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.