Cocker Spaniels?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TA2D, May 11, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    We have one it is about 4-5 months old AKC... BLAH BLAH BLAH... Is it just me or are they the dumbest dogs created? Ours runs in circles all day long, I have to untangle the tie out at least once an hour. Still does her buisness in the crate that really makes me upset! For what I paid for this dog, I would have hoped that it might have a little sense to it.... NONE whatsoever. Does anyone have any experince with these dogs or dogs with problems like this?

Aaron

TA2D

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I know that she is just a pup yet and listens sometimes... but she is extremely hard headed. She is happy and outgoing... just dumb or maybe its me, I have minimal patience with stupidity!

Aaron

TA2D

3. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    Hey my Cocker was my son and he had more personality than most Humans. Yeah they are a little dingy at first but once you have them trained to a schedule you will see a great improvement. I miss old Kelly, I would come out in the morning to see him upside down in my recliner ....SNORING.. Once he heard me it was straight to the door to go out back for his business and back in to get the breakfast I had made for him.........well maybe he had me trained???????? LOL! Take time with them and enjoy! You will get more back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink: :wink: :wink:

4. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Aftercats do you want a new one? Just kidding.... My wife would filet me on the spot!

Aaron

TA2D

5. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    My niece raises and sells them. She had moved from Illinois to Ava Missouri and put the mom and pop together for the move. Needless to say she ended up with an unexpected litter of the little things. She was selling them all. I told her I couldn't afford to buy one but if she had any left she was going to give away, I'd take one of them. She said to come up and pick any I wanted. So I ended up with a black and tan cocker. We named her Lacy Jane. She goes with me everywhere. When I get on the riding mower she makes the rounds with me. She goes everywhere I go for the ride. Loves the wind blowing in her face so she hangs out the door while sitting on my lap. She loves to wrestle with me. Love to play tug of war with one of her squeeky stuffed toys. Absolutely the companion everyone needs. Never complains about anything and is always ready to give you a kiss. Even sleeps with me in the recliner. She does snore a little a times. She is 11 months old now. I have taken her fishing but not out on the boat yet. I know that is going to be a real thrill.

6. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    Wish I could but the wife's allergies have gotten so bad we will have to wait awhile but I will get another someday! Glad Chuck found a true friend! I sure miss mine!

Daryl

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :lol: DON'T GIVE UP ON THE PUPPIE JUST YET,YOU GOT TO REMEMBER THAT IT IS AS CONFUSED AS YOU ARE. AFTER ALL IT WAS JUST TAKEN FROM ITS MOTHER AND PUT IN A STRANGE PLACE. JUST WORK WITH IT AND IT WILL COME AROUND.AND MAKE GREAT COMPANY FOR YOU. IT HAS TO GET USED TO YOU TO AS WELL AS YOU TO IT. GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND .IT WILL WORK OUT JUST NOT OVERNIGHT.

8. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    We got two cockers. They are all very hyper when they're young, but about a year old and they'll settle down. Take the time and train it and you'll like it pretty well probably. We have one that loves to ride the tubes behind the boat all the time. LOL He'll howl if my wife gets on that tube without him.