Coast Guard

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Chris, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I would like to know if anyone has ever served in the Coast Guard, I have served 4.5 years in the Marine Corps but I am thinking about enlisting or be Commisioned in the Coast Guard. I just have some general questions, I will be talking to a recruiter hopefully this week sometime.

Thank You
    Chris

2. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I was in the Coast Guard Reserve for three years with the Captain of the Port in Memphis, TN. PO3

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Chris,my oldest son is in the CG.As a 24 year Army veteran I can tell you go if you can.Its the one service that is being built up,not reduced all the time and now falls under Homeland security not AtF or whatever.The thing I liked is they took recruits in,put them through boot camp,them put them on a ship for a year to see if the were going to make it.THEN they sent them to their MOS school.You won't be far from the USMC either as the CG has a new training facility and mission right here at MCBCL and its getting bigger.Plus you have the chance of being stationed on some awesome waterways around the country.My son was stationed on Chesapeke Bay,Memphis and here at Ft.Macon NC all great fishing locations but as luck would have it he is the one family member that doesn't fish.I HIGHLY recommend the CG for young people,that might not fit into the more strictly regimented services.:)CG also provides you with more marketable skills after retirement which is important.